Home Remedies For Low Quantity of Milk, Effective Natural Treatment
Low quantity of milk can be caused by hindered passage of milk supply in the breast or lack of production of milk in the body of lactating mother. There are many home remedies for low quantity of milk which are simple to follow and easy to use.
Low Quantity Of Milk Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for low quantity of milk which are simple but effective in increasing the milk production. Some of the popular home remedies for poor quantity of milk are:
1. One of the oldest and most effective home remedies for low quantity of milk is goat's rue. It is known to increase the production of milk in the goats. But is also equally effective in encouraging the milk production in mothers too.
2. Fenugreek seeds are also efficient home remedies for low quantity of milk. Fenugreek seeds help in increasing the production of milk in the body. All you need to do is take some fenugreek seeds and crush them. You can now mix them with goat, cow or camel milk. Consume this mixture in adequate quantities.
3. Drink fennel tea three times in a day to treat the problem of poor quantity of milk.
4. Consume healthy diet to solve the problem of poor quantity of milk. Try to add foods to your diet which are rich in vitamin A, dairy products, protein, iron, fish, essential fatty acids, green vegetables, calcium and whole grains. Macadamia nuts, cashew nuts, and almonds are very helpful in increasing the content of breast milk. Other foods such as oats, rice, legumes, barley, chickpeas and lentils are also equally beneficial.
5. Vervain is an herb which has been used since very ancient times to treat low quantity of milk. It helps in smoothing the milk passages and increases the production of the milk.
6. Chaste tree bark is also very effective in increasing the production of milk.
7. Anise seeds when taken in form of tea can tremendously increase the production of milk in the body.
8. Alfalfa is another home remedy which can be taken in the form of tea or can be eaten. It can be very helpful in treating the problem of low quantity of milk in mothers.
9. Smoking can cause low milk production therefore it should be kept in mind to not to smoke during breastfeeding.
10. Massaging and pumping are very effective to boost up the production of milk. All you need to do is massage your breasts with the help of your fingers. This will help in increasing the milk supply by clearing the milk channels inside the breast. After each feeding you can also try stimulating your breasts by the means of a breast pump which will spice up the milk supply by fully draining your breasts.
11. Stress can also be one of the reasons to cause low quantity of milk. Try to practice some relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation and deep breathing exercises.
These were some of the effective home remedies for low quantity of milk which are safe, simple and cost-effective.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more Home Remedies for Low Quantity of Breast Milk. Also know useful Home Remedies for Liver Cleansing. Read effective Home Remedies for Lumbago.