Home Remedies For Migraines, Easy And Simple Natural Cure
Severe head ache caused due to dilation or contraction of blood vessels in the brain is known as migraine. There are many home remedies for migraines which are effective and simple to follow.
Causes of Migraine
Some of the common causes of migraine are:
1. Birth control pills
6. Artificial sweeteners
7. Sleep disorders
8. Strong perfumes
10.High salt consumption
Symptoms of Migraine
1. Severe or moderate headache
2. Nausea or vomiting
3. Sensitivity to sound and light
4. Head ache which gets worse with physical activity.
Migraine Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for migraine which are cost-effective, simple and effective. Some of the common home remedies for migraines are:
1. One of the most effective natural remedies for migraines is fresh grape juice. All you need to do is grind grapes in order to extract their juice. Drink this juice in its pure form, do not add any water.
2. Meditation is also very effective in treating migraine. Make it a daily routine to meditate.
3. One of the effective home remedies for migraines is to apply sandal wood paste on the forehead and wait until it dries. Now rub it off by hand and rinse by fresh water.
4. Aromatherapy is also very beneficial in treating migraines. Herbs like sandalwood, peppermint, eucalyptus and lavender have some of the best aromas. Their essential oils are very helpful in treating migraines. Just add any of these essential oils in warm or cold water. Now take a cloth and soak it into this solution and place it on your forehead. It really works.
5. Many people have tried acupressure and it is believed that it is one of the best home remedies for migraines.
6. Avoid drinking alcohol and stop smoking. They are major factors responsible for triggering migraines.
7. Stay away from direct sunlight.
8. Lemon crusts can also be used to treat migraines. Make them into a paste and apply this paste directly on your forehead.
9. In order to reduce symptoms of migraine you can try using 4 to 5 leaves of feverfew either in fresh form or dried form.
10. Another effective remedy is to take lukewarm water enema. This will remove the toxins by cleaning up the bowels.
11. Drinking chamomile tea on daily basis will reduce migraine.
12. One of the great home remedies for migraines is the use of garlic. You can consume garlic in various forms. It is known to be a potent detoxifier.
13. Primrose oil keeps the blood vessels from constricting and works as a potent anti-inflammatory agent. Due to these properties it has become a popular remedy for migraine.
14. You can even try cabbage leaf compress. Just crush few leaves of cabbage and place them on a cloth. Then tie it over your forehead before going to sleep.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more Home Remedies for Migraine. Also know useful Home Remedies for Menstrual Cramps. Read effective Home Remedies for Mood Swings.