How to Deal with Stress - Effective Tips
Stress is mainly caused due to hectic lifestyle, death of a loved one, the birth of a child, a job promotion or a new relationship. This article emphasizes on stress reduction through natural herbs.
Stress is a very common problem, not only in elderly or adults but also in children. Due to competitive attitude and modernization, stress has occupied all masses and communities. So now the issue is how to deal with stress. This article emphasizes on stress reduction through natural herbal means.
Stress is the disruption of homeostasis and physical or psychological stimuli. It has physical and emotional effects on us and may have negative influences, resulting in feelings of distrust, rejection, anger, and depression, which in turn can lead to health problems such as headaches, upset stomach, rashes, insomnia, ulcers, high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke.
Stress is mainly caused due to hectic lifestyle, death of a loved one, the birth of a child, a job promotion, new relationship. Sometimes its causes may vary with person.
Herbal Remedies for Relieving Stress
1. Leaves of holy basil act as an anti stress agent. Chew about 12 holy Basil leaves two times in a day, once in the morning and then later in the evening.
2. Blackstrap molasses are also effective in reducing stress. It is a by-product of the sugar refining process and is rich in iron and B vitamins.
3. Alfalfa and sunflower seeds are also useful in the treatment of stress.
4. Sprouts are also beneficial in stress reduction as they are rich in calcium. .
5. Ayurvedic herbs like brahmi, ashwagandha and St.John Wort are also highly beneficial in the treatment of stress. These herbs can be taken as capsules or can be infused in boiling water to make tea. Ashwagandha is an herbal supplement that has gain worldwide popularity for its effectiveness in reducing stress.
6. Person suffering from stress should follow a strict regime consisting of proper balanced diet, regular exercise and adequate rest.
7. Sage is also beneficial in treating mental stress and strain. In 1 cup of boiling water, add 1 tsp of dried sage leaves. Let it cool down for a few minutes. Strain the water and add honey to it, if desired, to enhance the taste. This herbal tea is an excellent home remedy for stress.
8. Yogurt is considered as best remedy for stress. It is rich in vitamin A, B complex and vitamin D. It provides relief from insomnia, migraine and cramps associated with menstruation.
10. Hot water bath is one of the beneficial treatments in providing relief from anxiety and stress as it relaxes the whole body.
11. Meditation is also an effective way in reducing stress as it diverts the mind to some good thoughts.
12. Avoid coffee, soft drinks, salt, smoking and alcohol as they all deplete B vitamins that are considered necessary for reducing stress.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR