How to Improve your Digestion
This article will tell you some easy rules and guidelines that will improve your digestion, increase regularity, decrease bloating and gas.
1. Eat at regular meals times.It is important to be regular with the type of foods as well as the time. Eating similar type food and at similar times each day has a regulating effect on your digestive system.
2. Give proper time for evacuation and at fix time. Do not hurry. This will keep your colon clean and healthy.
3. Drink warm or hot liquids with your meal. Ice cold water or drinks can slow down the digestive process. With cold water, muscle stiffens and does not function as well.
3. Avoid over consumption of food. Its unhealthy and is the main cause of indigestion. So, be conscious of what you eat and your portion sizes. Stop eating before you are full.
4. Chew your food completely and don't talk while eating. Our digestive systems are not designed to digest large pieces of food, so putting large pieces in our stomachs can lead to incomplete digestion. Proper chewing also releases digestive enzymes to further aid in the digestive process.
5. Eat food in a relaxed mood. Do not watch TV or perform any other work simultaneously. Eating when you are rushed increases your stress and slows down the digestive process.
6. Eat the easiest to digest foods first in your meal. Then slowly move towards the more complex.
7. Practice good posture. Improper or bad posture can lead to poor digestion. You should practice sitting with your shoulders back and your chin tucked in. This will allow more room for the digestive organs and will help improve digestion.
8. Take your dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed. Your body, including digestive system, slow down in the evening hours as they prepare to rest and rejuvenate. When you put food into your stomachs late in the evening, there are fewer digestive enzymes available to facilitate proper digestion.
9. Take a walk after meal specially at night before going to bed. Increased physical activity actually helps your digestive system, and increases the production of digestive enzymes. This will lead to proper digestion of your food.
10. Avoid processed foods. Include fiber rich foods in your diet such as fruits, vegetables and grains. Drink plenty of water.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Here is an excellent Natural colon cleanser to remove toxins from colon and cure constipation naturally. Also read Home remedies for constipation at Natural cures website – a health guide to make you and your family fit and healthy.