Know the Fire Extinguishers Better
As all of us are familiar how severe fire can be, we spend in things which can protect our life and goods when it takes place. One of the finest firefighting strategies presented now days is the fire extinguisher. So today we should be aware of its various types and their know-how.
(1) Class A - The energy source for this categorization are the regular flammable resources. They include timber, cloth, documents, and plastic stuff.
(2) Class B - The gas sources for this kind of flames are the combustible liquids. Examples include food preparation oils, alcohol, kerosene, gasoline etc.
(3) Class C - The fuel sources for this category includes electrical energy and other electrical utensils. Sources in this categorization are house devices, wirings and fuse boxes.
(4) Class D - For this categorization, the gas sources are combustible metals. Examples are lithium and aluminum.
Now, the different types of fire extinguishers are the following:
(1) Pressure storing-water extinguisher These types of fire extinguishers should be used on the fires of class A only. If we will use it on other types of fire some problems may arise like electro-caution, it even can increase the fire intense.
(2) Coat Producing Fluor protein spray extinguisher It is used on the fires of class A and B. Its contents are water and FFFP bubbles. We have to be cautious while using it on the fire type of class B fire because it contains water.
(3) Halon Fire Extinguishers These fire extinguishers are used to check the fire types of class B and C. Faintness occurs on using it, therefore its must to evacuate the room or area where its being used on fire.
(4) Dehydrated element Extinguishers The fires of class A and B can be exhausted by using extinguishers of this category. But the main point of consideration while using them is that they produce a type dust which is very harmful for human body as it may cause harm to vision and proper breathing.
Dedicated extinguishers are being devised for operating fires of class D. It is essential that we be familiar with all the different fires and the extinguishers to be operated on them so that we can choose the right one.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR