Natural Cures for Asthma, Causes and Home Remedies
Asthma is a condition where there is an inflammation of breathing passages, the muscles within the passages contract and thus person feels difficulty in breathing out air from the lungs. Read this article to find natural remedies for asthma.
Though exact cause of asthma is not known but it may be caused due to following reasons -
1. Exposure to the smoke of wood and smoke.
2. Inhaling of polluted air.
3. Inhaling the substances which causes allergy like dust, molds or animal dander.
4. Due to some upper respiratory infection like bronchitis, sinusitis, flu and cold.
5. At the workplace due to exposure of the irritants.
6. Inhaling of perfumes or other cleaning products.
7. Due to some exercise or some physical exertion.
8. Due to hereditary, eczema, hay fever and many other type of allergies.
Attack of asthma may be slow over several days or hours or it may attack suddenly. The main symptoms of asthma which gives the signal of an attack are - tightness in the chest, coughing, wheezing, difficulty in speaking, and breathlessness. Most common symptom of asthma is the wheezing. It is not necessary that all the people who wheeze are asthmatic only.
Some of the natural remedies for asthma are given below, these are well known remedies for curing asthma -
1. Decrease the intake of foods like egg yolk, meat and shellfish. These foods contain arachidonic acid which is believed that it causes inflammation and also increases the symptoms of asthma. So to reduce the symptoms of asthma intake of these foods should be reduced.
2. Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots, tomatoes and the leafy vegetables. It is said that high consumption of apples may reduce the symptoms of asthma. It is also necessary especially for the children to take fruits and vegetables to reduce the risk of asthma. It has been found that low intake of vitamin C, fruit and manganese increases the risk of asthma.
3. A perennial shrub known as butterbur which is found in Europe, North America has the property to reduce inflammation and it also reduce smooth muscle spasm. Some of its side effects are headache, fatigue, vomiting, constipation and diarrhea.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read useful Asthma Home Remedies. Find information on Asthma Diet and natural remedies. Also read about Female Libido Enhancer and how it helps to improve your performance and stamina.