Natural Home Remedies for Sunburn That You Ought to Know
Sunburn causes the skin to burn and acquire a blackish or darkish hue. It is a phenomenon caused by excessive or over-exposure to the ultra-violet or UV radiation of the sun or sun-equivalent sources like welding arcs or tanning lamps.
The exposure causes fair-skinned people to become dark, causes itching and inflammation of skin and may cause wrinkles or premature aging of the skin. Under certain circumstances, sunburns can be fatal leading to skin cancers. However normal exposure to sun is essential, for the UV radiation produces vitamin D that beneficial for skin; but over-exposure to sun is to be avoided for it may cause sunburns. Certain factors like consumption of contraceptive pills, antibacterial agents in soaps make the skin prone to sunburn. One can avoid sunburns to some extent by using sunscreen creams and lotions, sunglasses, wide brimmed hat, and umbrella while going out in the sun.
1. Redness of skin
2. Skin irritation
5. Tenderness on skin
10. Vomiting and nausea
11. Flu-like symptoms
12. Peeling off of dry skin or skin loss.
Home Remedies for Sunburn
1. Application of cool aloe Vera gel on the burnt skin soothes rashes and skin irritation.
2. Washing the burnt area with vinegar helps in reducing skin inflammation and pain.
3. Rubbing the affected skin with mustard oil and then allowing it to dry is an effective home remedy for sunburns. This treatment would take the heat off the skin.
4. Rubbing the affected area with freshly cut cucumber slices also helps. The astringent effect of cucumber checks itching and redness of skin.
5. Placing grated potatoes on the burnt skin is also a good remedy. The starch content in the potato soothes the burns.
6. Dabbing the burnt skin with a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar also yields good results.
7. Taking ice compress or Epsom salt water compress heals skin inflammation and burning sensation.
8. Taking a bath with baking powder or oatmeal added to bath water brings much relief.
9. Application of peppermint oil or lavender oil on the affected skin has a soothing effect.
10. Applying juice of lemon diluted with water on skin reduces tanning.
11. Yoghurt application also checks tanning due to sunburn.
12. Drinking plenty of fluids would help to control sun burn symptoms.
13. Adding sandal wood oil or rose water to cold bath water would serve as a refreshing bath for sunburn victims.
14. Laying cold, refrigerated lettuce or cabbage leaves on the burnt skin would give much relief.
15. A paste made out of barley powder, milk, olive oil and honey may be applied on burnt skin. This is an effective home remedy for sunburns on face.
16. A mixture of tomato juice and butter milk also fetches good results in case of sunburns.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read more effective Home Remedies for Sunburn. Also know useful Home Remedies for Stretch Marks. Read the benefits of Shilajit for enhancing libido.