Self Breast Care – How to Self Examine Your Breasts?
A beautiful breast can add extra gorgeousness to the overall look. Women are advised to take proper care of their breasts. In this article, you will find how to self examine your breasts.
Breasts are one of the most attractive parts of women. A beautiful bust line can add extra gorgeousness to the overall look. Breasts not only add beauty but also help her to feed her baby. Breastfeeding is no doubt a wonderful experience for women. Women are advised to take care of their breasts.
Self examination of breast is very important. Any change in the shape or size of the breasts must be noticed carefully and if required, should be consulted with doctor. For breast examination below are some important points:
1. Carefully examine your breast before a mirror for symmetry in size and shape. Note any dimpling or puckering of the skin or retraction of the nipple. Now raise both arms.
2. Rest on a bed with a flat pillow or folded towel under the shoulder on the same side as the breast to be examined. Now raise your arm over the head.
3. To examine the inner half of the breast, the arm is raised over the head. Begin at the breast-bone and in a series of steps, palpate the inner half of the breast.
4. Carefully palpate the area over the nipple with your finger. Then complete the examination of the lower half of the breast.
5. With arm down at the side, continue examining of your breast by carefully feeling the tissues which extend to the armpit. Also examine the upper quarter of your breast with flat finger.
6. With flat finger, examine the lower outer quarter of your breast in successive stages.
In case, you find symptoms of any abnormality, refer to a doctor for a through investigation of breast cancer or breast tumors.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine
, make all the urls (links) active.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR