The Top Ten Vitamin B Foods
Many conditions such as anemia, mania, depression or chronic fatigue may have a root cause deeper than you think. It is possible you are suffering from a Vitamin B-12 deficiency, even a slight one....
Many conditions such as anemia, mania, depression or chronic fatigue may have a root cause deeper than you think. It is possible you are suffering from a Vitamin B-12 deficiency, even a slight one. Make sure you are eating the animal foods from our top ten list to get enough of this essential vitamin.
10. Eggs this protein-rich food also has tons of good cholesterol found in the yolk. In addition, the yolk contains the most Vitamin B-12.
9. Cheese even vegetarians can get enough Vitamin B-12 if they choose to eat enough cheese. Swiss and mozzarella cheese have the most B-12, and cottage cheese and cows milk are also good choices.
8. Lamb the leanest cuts of the meat are usually the highest in Vitamin B-12. Choose cuts such as the shoulder to get the full benefit of these Vitamin B foods.
7. Beef chuck roast, sirloin, and other lean cuts have the most Vitamin B-12, but that is not all beef is good for. Enjoy the added benefits of protein, zinc and iron when you eat beef.
6. Lobster and Crab these bottom-feeders store a ton of Vitamin B-12 in their system. Broil em, bake em, BBQ em no matter which way you prepare them, these Vitamin B foods are great for you.
5. Fish the benefits of fish have been highly touted over the years, from Omega-3 healthy fats to DHA. In addition to these, fish are awesome Vitamin b foods, and have a ton of this essential vitamin. Canned fish such as tuna and mackerel contain the most B-12.
4. Octopus if you can bring yourself to try this delicacy most commonly found in the Mediterranean, then you will reap the benefits of the Vitamin B-12 found in large amounts in this animal. The cooked version contains more B-12 than the raw version, so that may make it a little easier to try.
3. Caviar what used to be a food only available for the lifestyles of the rich and famous is now an increasingly popular side dish with the masses. Fish eggs are one of the richest Vitamin B foods.
2. Liver occasionally disguised by its other name,pâté, this food has some of the highest levels of Vitamin B-12. Lamb, veal, duck, moose and turkey have the most, some boasting almost 1500% percent of the Recommended Daily Allowance.
1. Clams, Mussels and Oysters shellfish are a great go-to food when it comes to the Vitamin B foods. They can be eaten alone, or camouflaged in stews and chowders.
Vitamin B-12 can be consumed in copious amounts with no negative effects because any that the body does not need is excreted from the bloodstream. The body can even store a little extra in the liver for times Vitamin B-12 is low. Consume these Vitamin B foods, and be healthy!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Steve Johnson has been in the field of vitamin b injections for a long time and maintains a website about vitamin b injections where you can get answers to the rest of your questions.