Yeast Infection - Causes And Natural Home Remedies
Yeast infection is a fungal infection caused by the thriving of yeast, a type of fungus. Candidiasis is the most common form of it and there are several species of candida, of which the commonest species is candida ablicans.
Underarms, nail-beds, lower abdomen, under the breasts etc are common regions facilitating yeast overgrowth. In babies, diaper wearing regions may develop yeast infection. Superficial yeast infection occurs in the form of red flat rash patch with sharp scalloped edges. In women vaginal yeast infection or vaginitis is quite common. It leads to itching, burning sensation, pain during intercourse and cheesy white vaginal discharge. It can occur in mouth too. It is called thrush. It resembles the accumulation of milk curd on top of a red base on tongue, palate or elsewhere in the oral cavity. The factors triggering this infection may be listed as follows:
1. Weakened immunity
2. Antibiotic overuse
3. Use of steroids
6. Menstrual periods
7. Intake of contraceptive pills
10. Foreign device implantation such as IV ports, urinary catheters etc.
Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infection
1. Having a glass of buttermilk daily will empower you to fight yeast infection.
2. Application of tea tree oil on the affected skin relieves this infection. One can soak a cotton swab in tea tree oil, insert it in to vagina and keep overnight. This cures vaginitis.
3. Bathe the affected region with diluted apple cider vinegar to do away with yeasts.
4. Application of baby oil along with aloe and Vitamin E treats this infection effectively.
5. Tuck a cotton tampon soaked in curd in to vagina to do away with vaginitis.
6. Apply honey on affected region, keep for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water. This is an effective home remedy for yeast infection.
7. Mix 5 grams of potassium sorbate in a pint of water. Soak cotton swab in the solution and insert in to vagina. Keep overnight and remove in the morning. This will reduce vaginal yeast growth.
8. Take warm salt hip bath to get cured of this infection.
9. Add a cup of vinegar in a tub of warm bath water. Soak yourself for 20 minutes in the solution to get rid of yeast infection.
10. Blend little olive leaf extract and grapefruit seed extract. Add the mixture to a glass of water. Wash the affected regions with the solution. This is a useful natural remedy.
11. Cut few garlic pods, wrap in cheese cloth and insert in to vagina. Remove after 20 minutes. This heals vaginitis and helps in this condition.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read about effective Home Remedies for Yeast Infection. Also know about Home Remedies for Wrinkles. Read how Shilajit help increase energy and stamina.