9 Steps to Success in Affiliate Marketing
1. Join an Affiliate Program. I would suggest joining programs that interest you personally. There are affiliate programs for almost any product or service you can think of so do some research and find one that is right for you. If you have a passion for your product niche it will be a whole lot easier to stay motivated.
2. Build your own website to promote your product: You will need to build a website with your own domain name (ie. yourname.com) and pay a monthly fee for hosting as opposed to going the free route and sharing a domain (ie. freespace.yourdomain.com) If you donít know much about web design thatís quite ok. You will find there are lots of companies out there who offer very affordable website design.
3. Start a reciprocal linking campaign: Start exchanging links with other websites in your niche. You will find lots of webmasters willing to add a link to your website as long as you return the favor. The more websites that link to you, the higher page rank you will have in the search engines, therefore leading to more traffic to your website.
4. Start your own newsletter. The newsletter can simply consist of articles related to your products and website. Always add a signature containing a link to your website at the bottom of each newsletter entry. That way when people read your articles they can continue on to your website. If you donít want to write your own articles, there are many websites that will let you use theirs for free.
5. Build an Email List. Owning your own email list is one of the most important tools you can have as an affiliate marketer. The best way to build a list is to buy leads, that way you donít have to worry about getting in trouble for spamming. Lots of companies sell quality leads (email addresses) consisting of people who want more information about your products. With every lead you buy you can in turn sign them up for your newsletter.
6. Get an Auto Responder. With an auto responder program you can make the process of buying leads and adding them to your newsletter completely automated. You can save hours of time with this approach.
7. Write your own Articles. To be successful with affiliate marketing you will eventually have to write an article or two. This may sound a bit overwhelming in the beginning, but after you have been building your business for awhile you will get into it. Trust me I felt the same way when I started. Always include a signature at the bottom of the article containing your website link. Then post your article on as many websites as you can. Lots of sites let you post for free.
8. Add an Article page to your website. Post all of your articles on this page and any others you find related to your niche. Having an article page will add content to your website and will help with your page rank since search engines love websites with lots of relevant content.
9. Join an Online Forum. Becoming a member in a forum is a great way to stay current with the products in your niche. Talking with fellow entrepreneurs will keep you motivated and help generate new ideas as well as answer any questions you may have.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR