Walk In Tubs and Hydrotherapy
Water helps to detoxify the body as also replenish it. Walk in tubs are a great way to use hydrotherapy. It is recommended for the elderly, arthritic patients and differently abled people with limite...
Hydrotherapy helps to treat inflammation, arthritis, back pain, multiple sclerosis, and many painful conditions. It is also useful in reducing blood pressure, improving circulation, and strengthening the immune system. As walk in tubs are deeper than a traditional bathtub, hydrotherapy is ideal in it as it is possible to have a more comfortable bath, by immersing oneself in the tub. Once the user is comfortable in the walk in bathtub and the door is closed, the tub can be filled up to three feet of water or even higher if desired. A relaxing hydrotherapy and whirlpool soak in a walk in bathtub has many physical and psychological benefits like:
· Relaxing painful and tired muscles.
· Improving mobility especially in arthritic patients.
· Relieving chronic pain and eases pressure of the body on the joints.
· Increasing blood circulation, reducing hypertension and improving respiration by opening up the constricted and congested air passages in the throat, sinuses and lungs.
· It eases depression, mental stress and anxiety as also improves sleep in insomniacs.
Although hydrotherapy in walk in tubs is recommended for the elderly, it is always better to seek medical advice before starting it. The air jets in the walk in bathtub have three settings low, medium and high. It provides a great head-to-toe massage. If hydrotherapy is used regularly, it will help in the treatment of various illnesses which would otherwise reduce the life span of the person. Hydrotherapy also enhances the digestion, the absorption of nutrients in the body and in addition hydrates the skin as well.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Walk in tubs are synonymous to luxury. It will really improve the quality of your life. Click here to know more about Walk in tubs