A Personal Injury Attorney to Prove Your Case
Hiring a personal injury attorney is one of the most important things you can do if you are planning to go to court. This professional has the experience and the training to help you to prove the faul...
How to Prove It
The most challenging aspect the personal injury attorney must work through is proving fault. Fault is not as easy to prove, as many would expect because it requires showing through evidence that someone did or did not do something that is in a violation of his or her training. There are several things to keep in mind about this process.
- Did the individual have the duty to be careful in the situation? For example, if you were standing in the way of something occurring, and there was no reason for the individual to know someone was there (you should not have been there) he or she may not be liable.
- If an accident occurs on property the owner knew was dangerous, but did nothing to reduce the risk, this can be an instance where the property owner was careless and therefore responsible for the other person's injuries.
- In some situations, if a person causes an accident and due to negligence, their employer may also be responsible. This can be difficult to prove in some situations, but in others, it is not.
- In some situations, both the injured person and the negligent person were careless. In this case, the law must determine if there is a right to compensation. In many cases, it may be reduced to some extent based on the amount of carelessness each person presented.
- In situations where a product is defective and the accident occurs as a result, both the manufacturer of the product as well as the seller are liable in many instances.
Even in these situations, it is difficult to prove a case. It is a good idea, then, to hire a personal injury attorney to work with you throughout the process. He or she will determine what the underlying problem was and what the most likely level of negligence is. From a short interview with the lawyer, you can learn what your options are and what limitations you may face through the legal process.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Teaneck NJ personal injury attorney works to gain the compensation you deserve. Find out more by visiting http://www.arijacobsonlaw.com.