An Immigration Lawyer - When You Need Help
An immigration lawyer can help answer your questions and provide for your needs. Learn when to contact one about your situation.
When to Get Help
Do you need help? An immigration lawyer can help you in various ways. Most importantly, he or she can help you to get the type of care you need to avoid any type of detaining or fines. There are a few things to keep in mind.
- If you are in the United States illegally, realize that you should take action to become a legalized citizen if allowable. It may be possible to do this if you are married to a US citizen or you are the parent of one, in some situations. However, that alone may not be enough.
- For those who are facing problems within their marriage and do not have a Green Card to allow them to remain in the country should a divorce occur, the help of an immigration lawyer is critical.
- There is a great deal of debate surrounding legal marriages (within a state) of gay individuals. For example, if you marry a person who is an American citizen through a legal gay marriage, the federal government may or may not recognize this. Therefore, it may not be enough to keep you in the country legally.
- Keep in mind that laws surrounding this aspect change all of the time. It is important for you to know what your rights are and what they are not. Although becoming a citizen is something that the federal government is usually in charge of, many states have newly enacted laws on restriction or providing for illegal immigrants.
- An immigrant lawyer can also help you to understand the consequences of breaking any of these laws. If you are already in violation, take steps to correct this as soon as possible. Since there are new laws in place to make it easier for the federal government to find and deport individuals in the country illegally, it is necessary for you to protect yourself.
The more you know about what can happen, the better. Working with an immigration lawyer is one of the best things you can do for yourself. This is because it provides an opportunity for you to move to a new opportunity to be in the country legally and, because of that, to receive all of the benefits you want and deserve to have as a direct result of being a citizen or a legal alien.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Know your rights, get the help of an immigration lawyer cape cod residents. For an experienced attorney that will be on your side visit: www.barroslaw.com.