Rhode Island Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Article:10 steps to take if injured in RI Car Accident
If you are involved in a Rhode Island Car Accident, there are many important steps you can take to protect your rights and help you get the best Personal Injury settlement Possible. Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer, David Slepkow describes 10 Important steps you can take to get the best settlement possible.
If you are involved in a Rhode Island Car Accident, there are many important steps you can take to protect your rights and help you get the best Personal Injury settlement Possible. You should contact a Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer immediately after the Auto Accident. Article by Attorney David Slepkow 401-437-1100
1) If you are injured or feeling any pain, obtain medical treatment as soon as posible. If you do not leave the scene of the automobile or motorcycle accident by ambulance than either go see your family doctor or go to an urgent care center. Your primary care Physician may refer you to a specialist. Many specialists will not see patients without a referral from a primary care physician.
2.) Call the police and notify them of the car accident or truck accident. In Rhode Island (RI), the police must be notified of almost all accidents.
3.) Do not miss medical appointments! Make sure your doctors are informed of all areas where you are in pain. Do not exaggerate your symptoms but also don’t minimize the pain and suffering. Keep your doctor informed of all symptoms.
Remember, an Insurance Adjuster will be poring over your medical records seeking to find inconsistencies, to discredit your allegations or to minimize the pain and suffering that you have endured.
4. Remember, as far as the insurance company is concerned,
5. Keep your Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyers informed of all medical providers, chiropractors, physical therapist, massage therapists, hospitals and urgent care centers that you have treated with.
Keep track of dates of treatment and what occurred during the treatment. Keep track of all medication. Save receipts for all medication.
6. It is usually a good idea to retain a Rhode Island Personal Injury Attorney before you give a statement to the insurance company. The Insurance Company is not the enemy but they certainly are not your friend. They are trying to give you the least amount of money as possible or even potentially deny you’re the claim.
7. Take pictures immediately after the accident of your vehicle, the other vehicles and the scene of the car / auto crash. Take pictures of any visible injury, scarring or bruising. With a bruise you want to get a picture when it looks the worst. Do not have your automobile repaired until you have taken pictures of the damages.
8. Do not sign medical releases for the insurance company. The RI Personal Injury Lawyer will collect your medical records for you and submit them to the insurance company. You do not want to give the Insurance Company unfettered and uncontrolled access to your medical records!.
9. If you get cited for a motor vehicle violation, hire a RI lawyer to represent you. If you are found guilty or responsible for the Motor Vehicle accident then your case may be severely impaired. The implications of not contesting a citation or pleading guilty could be detrimental to your Personal Injury Claim.
10. Do not let the insurance adjuster influence you to settle the car accident prior to retaining a Rhode Island Personal injury Lawyer. The Insurance Adjuster wants you to take as little money as possible. The Adjuster wants to keep you away from a Rhode Island Automobile Accident Lawyer who can explain your legal rights to you.
Rhode Island Attorneys legal Notice per RI Rules of Professional Responsibility:
The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer/ attorney as an expert or specialist in any field of practice.
Rhode Island Divorce, Personal Injury and Criminal Lawyer Written Articles
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
David Slepkow is a Rhode Island (RI) lawyer practicing in Personal Injury, automobile / car accidents, slip & Fall, premises liability & Insurance claims as well as RI divorce, child custody /support and family law. No fee in Personal Injury Cases unless successful. Home and hospital visits available. Evening and weekend appointments available.
Please go to Official Website of Rhode Island Personal Injury lawyers for more information or call David Slepkow at 401-437-1100. Please go to Information, Links and FAQS Concerning Personal Injury and Car Accidents