Social Security Lawyer - Get Help Before Moving Forward
A Social Security lawyer specializes in dealing with the Social Security Administration. Find out how and when to contact an attorney to help with your case.
One of the most common and most important times to hire a Social Security lawyer is when you are hoping to obtain disability. Disability is a benefit given to those who have paid into the system for a long enough period and who are now unable to work due to illness or disease, or other conditions. In situations where you cannot work, you may qualify for disability, but you have to prove your ability to do so. This often requires completing an application, attending hearings, following the directions of the SSA and providing documentation to support your claims. Nearly 80 percent of those who apply for disability are turned down the first time.
If you have received a denial of benefits, or your condition is hard to prove, it is a good idea to hire a Social Security lawyer who can work for you to prove your case. This attorney will help you to find out what your options are, and can help you to complete the application. This can help to speed up your ability to get disability right away.
A Social Security lawyer can help you in other ways too. If you have any contact with this organization, it is a good idea to do so with the aid of a Social Security lawyer. Here are some other areas the attorney can help you with.
• Find out what your qualifications are or what you are lacking to obtain Medicare or Medicaid.
• Apply for benefits for your minor children who are disabled.
• Get help for situations involving your SSI payments, especially if you believe they are not accurate.
• Receive help for finding insurance coverage or other needs related to your SSI payments
• Prove that you or your child should be receiving compensation due to the death of a spouse or a parent.
• If you have been denied benefits for any reason, and wish to pursue them, contact a lawyer to help you to do so.
• If you have to repay SSA benefits, get help to fight the costs.
These are just some of the instances when you should use an attorney to help you with your claims to the SSA. This organization does have a straightforward application process, but it denies people regularly for benefits. Rather than make the mistake of having to prove a denial is wrong or unjust, hire an attorney in advance to fight your case. A lawyer can help ensure that you get the best chance possible to get the benefits you deserve, for any area of the SSA itself.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A kansas city social security lawyer can help you get the financial support you deserve. Visit: www.kalberglaw.com to find out more.