Winter smells fill the air, cool breezes send the geese on their way, and frost steals the color from fall leaves. Yeah, it's that time of the year again. We get out our winter clothes and head for the malls. Shopping and the holidays go together like a hand in a glove. The question is, how many of these holiday shoppers will you woo into your store? Let's look at some sure-fire ways to catch the attention of shoppers and set record profits this holiday season.
Winter smells fill the air, cool breezes send the geese on their way, and frost steals the color from fall leaves. Yeah, itís that time of the year again. We get out our winter clothes and head for the malls. Shopping and the holidays go together like a hand in a glove. The question is, how many of these holiday shoppers will you woo into your store? Letís look at some sure-fire ways to catch the attention of shoppers and set record profits this holiday season.
1. Surprise Them With a Holiday Discount You really donít expect to find products at their cheapest when the demand for them is the highest. Sure, after the holidays are over, the discount sales soar. Thatís when you expect the ďsteal of a deal.Ē Surprise your customers with a truely discounted product right in the middle of the holiday season. Thatíll get their attention!
2. Combine Products For A Special Deal Two are better than one! At least we feel like weíre getting a deal when we buy a combination package... and we usually are getting a better buy for our buck. Find some products you can group together and sell at a better price. Youíll double your sales and spike your profits in the process.
3. Give A Freebie Letís face it... nothing in life is free, unless thereís a reason behind it. Yeah, customers scoop up freebies like ice cream and cake, but youíre setting yourself up for future business when they walk out your doors with a smile on their face.
4. Speedy Delivery Impatience is par for the course these days. Hey, we can get online and find anything we want in a few minutes... whey wait forever to get it? The quicker you can get your product to your customer, the happier they will be. Itís as plain and simple as that.
5. Put Off The Payment Procrastination is highly appealling to customers who are short on cash around the holidays. Give them the option of using a credit card, or making delayed payments on your product... and youíve invited an entirely new class of people into your realm.
6. Advertise What good does it do to have the best buy in town if nobody knows about it? Get the word out! Send out postcards, advertise it across the top of your Web page... do whatever it takes to let the world know that youíre making an offer too good to pass up.
Everybody loves a special deal. A special deal around the holidays, is like an extra goody in their stocking. Treat Ďem, and theyíll love you for it!
Who is Allyn Cutts, and why should you care? Allyn has spent over 24 years helping businesses like yours find new customers and increase sales to current customers. Allyn is a marketing and sales fanatic, providing measurable marketing solutions that drive huge results for small-to mid-size business clients. Allyn works personally with clients to design and deliver off-line and on-line direct marketing strategies that focus on metrics and measurable results. You can learn more about Allyn Cutts at www.AllynCutts.com and you can call 610.437.4106 between 10 AM and 4 PM Eastern Time Tuesdays and Thursdays.