Top 10 Tips and Tactics to Take Your Business to the Next LevelAre you a solo ... or small business owner, ... what you can do to grow your business and take it to the next level of suc
Top 10 Tips and Tactics to Take Your Business to the Next Level
Are you a solo practitioner or small business owner, wondering what you can do to grow your business and take it to the next level of success? There are many proven strategies and tools you can implement to attract prospects and clients and increase your bottom line. It's all about attracting prospects, giving them value, and staying in touch. Most of the tips outlined below leverage the power of the Internet and will be familiar to you. They do not require a huge investment of resources, and when you take action to implement any one of them, will return big rewards in the areas of customer retention, loyalty, growth, and more sales.
1. Publish an e-newsletter This is one of the top attraction techniques. Publish an e-newsletter on a topic which complements your business focus and the needs of your clients and customers. Consistency is the key here. The more you position yourself as an expert in your business and consistently deliver value to your readers, the more you establish your business as a top of mind resource and someone who can solve your readers' problems.
2. Give away free reports Hey, just like this one! People want to get to know you and everyone likes free information. Make sure the report is useful, timely and delivers real value.
3. Create and sell e-books and info products via the Internet This is another great way to establish credibility about your expertise and business. Again, people hunger for information about how to make their life better, happier and more successful. What do you know that you could write about and put in digital format? When prospects understand what you do and get value from your products, they are more likely to become repeat customers.
4. Teach teleclasses This is the personal approach to reaching out to your prospects and clients. Offer a free introductory teleclass to introduce prospects to your business and service. Package a series of classes and sell the course to prospects who cannot afford your one on one service.
5. Use autoresponders to consistently follow up with clients and prospects It's common knowledge in marketing circles that a prospect needs to see your message at least 7 times before taking action. Autoresponders enable you to automatically follow up sales, leads, manage your mailing lists and create repeat customers through cross promotion. Autoresponders are automated messages delivered in sequence over a pre-determined period of time. There are hundreds of ways to use autoresponders to attract and retain clients. For example, deliver your free report on an autoresponder. A couple of days later follow up with a message reminding the reader about your product or service. Then, the next day send a message inviting the reader to subscribe to your newsletter. Next, send a message with a special offer on an e-book which relates to the report and goes into more detail and depth. You get the idea. Note, always give the recipient the ability to opt out of the series. You don't want to anger your prospects by delivering messages they don't want!
6. Implement a database marketing system This tool directly relates to #1-5 above. Capture every email address in an integrated database marketing system that allows you to simply categorize and broadcast targeted messages to your clients and prospects.
7. Use a shopping cart system Having a powerful shopping cart system enables you to easily sell your products and services on the Internet. You can automate the registration payments for your teleclasses, sell your e-book, and manage your e-newsletter list all in one system. To review the best system around that combines a shopping cart with a database marketing system, please see 1Shopping Cart at: http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/default.asp?pr=1&id=37377
8. Get an internet merchant account This is necessary to actually make sales online. There are numerous products out there so do your research and know what you need for your specific business application.
9. Create passive income streams selling affiliate products related to your business You may not get rich this way, but it can't hurt to recommend products in which you believe to your clients and get a small commission. There are thousands of affiliate programs on the Internet. Choose products or services that complement your business and only recommend things you would or have purchased yourself. Be up front about what you're doing. Your clients will appreciate that you have done the research to find useful products and services. On #7 above, the link I include is an affiliate link. If you click on the link and purchase the shopping cart system, I receive a small commission for my recommendation. I only recommend this system because I personally work with this system and thinks it's excellent.
10. Work with a project partner to help you implement your ideas Here's where the rubber meets the road. What's it going to take for you to implement just one of these tactics? As a solo professional or small business owner, are you overwhelmed by all the things you SHOULD be doing to actively market your business? Maybe you don't have time or you're not sure how to go about setting up a database system, shopping cart or autoresponder. Or, you want to publish a regular newsletter and don't know where to start. The solution may be to partner with an experienced project manager. Find someone who can strategize with you, take action, and most importantly…implement your ideas. "Ideas not coupled with action never become bigger than the brain cells they occupied." Arnold H. Glasow
11. BONUS TIP: Read Purple Cow by Seth Godin to learn how to make your business stand apart from the competition by being remarkable: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/159184021X/dlwvirtualman-20 (Yes, it's another affiliate link. This is a great book, a fast read and will inspire you to consider ways to separate yourself from your competition and take your business to the next level. All my new clients receive a copy of this book when we begin our partnership.)
Denise Wakeman is Chief Implementor of Next Level Partnership, a company dedicated to partnering with you to take your business to the next level. Denise has specific experience in leveraging Internet marketing systems to create awareness, build customer loyalty and increase the bottom line. Visit Denise's blog at http://www.biztipsblog.com to get tips and tactics for taking your business to the next level.