A Photographer in Orange County Offers Suggestion on Photographing Newborns
This article offers some suggestions for photographing newborns. 1. One pose that parents like (and thus is a high seller) is a shot of the newborn lying on its stomach on a stack of bleached ...
This article offers some suggestions for photographing newborns.
1. One pose that parents like (and thus is a high seller) is a shot of the newborn lying on its stomach on a stack of bleached white towels besides a red rose. The contrast between the white flower and red rose is beautiful as is the connotation of love that the rose provides.
2. After taking the rose shot, try covering the bottom half of the newborn with a white blanket and encircle the top half of the newborn with another white blanket. Then shoot the sleeping newborn from above.
3. Tuck a small teddy bear under the sleeping babies and shoot again.
4. A set of angel wings that can be laid on the back of a sleeping newborn is popular prop.
5. A popular set is a large painted Styrofoam egg in which the baby can be placed.
6. When photographing a nude newborn with it lying on its stomach, tuck the knee under her and her feet behind up behind her rear. The feet will cover body parts of both boys and girls which generally you don’t want exposed in a picture.
7. Make sure your studio with its lights is a comfortable temperature for a typical sleeping newborn. Helping a newborn sleep and keeping her asleep during the essential. A nice warm environment will provide the highest likelihood of continued sleep. Following the same general principle, make sure your hands are warm whenever repositioning the newborn.
8. The following are some of the basics that every newborn studio should have: diaper and wipes on hand, a nursing area, a number of towels, a warm light that can be used to keep the newborn comfortable and a couch on which the parents can sit and observe the session.
Photographing newborns requires a level of patience not usually needed when working with adults. Plan on a session taking a little more time than does a typical adult session. A newborn does not follow instructions well; therefore you’ll have to baby them.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
As a Laguna Beach photographers, Vanessa has the opportunity to photograph in many indoors and outdoors locations. Vanessa shoots weddings, pet, portrait, senior and event photography. She spends most of her time photographing in Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Costa Mesa, San Diego, La Holla, and Los Angeles.