Banquet Halls - Impress Your Guests Inexpensively
Banquet halls can be expensive but play such an important role. Find out how to impress your guests without spending too much.
Impressing for Less
There are a few ways that you can impress your guests with your banquet halls without spending too much money, or at least reducing what you are spending. When your event matters, you should try to make sure to incorporate some of these ideas and thoughts.
• Choose banquet halls based on what comes with the purchase, not just what the price is. For example, some facilities charge you a great deal for the additional services you are adding on that may be standard in other locations. This includes bar service, staff service, water glasses and other simple things that you thought were included.
• Keep menu choices lower. If you have a large buffet, you have more options to offer and that may extend the budget even farther. Rather, choose one or two offerings, and make it a table service meal. That will often cut into the cost considerably without taking away from the elegance of the facility.
• Negotiate the prices whenever possible. This is often a hidden benefit to choosing one location over another. You can often find banquet halls that have last minute rooms to book. If it works for you, choose those but ask for a lower cost. If you cannot have your event on a Saturday, consider doing it on a Friday night for the lower cost.
• Discuss options for reducing the costs with the provider. You can often ask for a discount, or work out a payment plan to reduce the initial shock. It is a good idea to have the necessary information in advance. However, if there are problems with the event, bring them to the attention of the manager and get a discount.
• Look at the length of your event. Often, you will pay more if you use the services for a longer period of time. However, you may be able to reduce your costs by simply making your event four hours long instead of five. Determine what is normal for your family or necessary for your event.
Banquet halls can provide you with a range of benefits, but it is quite common for individuals to not realize they can get a good deal. The key is to know you have to ask for that deal. It is not something that people give out all the time. Finding the right facility is important to you, but the right facility also needs to be one that you can afford to utilize.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
New Orleans banquet halls combine atmosphere and history for a unique experience for your guests. Find out more today at http://www.auduboninstitute.org/