Laguna Beach Photographer's Key Actions for Adding Value to a Family Sessions
The Laguna Beach Photography industry is competitive. To succeed a photographer must provide more value than does his competitors.
To succeed for the long term in the competitive photography industry, a professional photographer must give more real value to his clients than does his competitors. In addition, he needs to be compensated for that added value. This article explains how a photographer by taking the simple action of not following the traditional model for a family photo shoot can increase the value of his family sessions to himself and his clients.
Many clients, when booking a family session, have in mind a large portrait with grandparents, parents, children, aunts, uncles and cousins all lined up in two or three long rows. Traditionally, this was the result of a family session. It is the job of today's professional photographer to demonstrate to his client that their time invested in a one-and-a-half-hour session can result in so much more.
This can be done by presenting, prior to starting the session a book that contains numerous computer designed and enhanced images of numerous groups and individuals.
The family should understand you are willing to do the following:
1. Break out and photograph the 17-year-old boy who is in need of high school senior pictures but doesn't want to spend the time on another shoot. Let him shoot two birds with one stone and get it done here. If you are quick and creative you should be able to provide 2 or 3 quality images he can use for his senior portraits, saving him time and expanding your opportunity for additional orders.
2. Breakout newborns and toddlers and replace any future department store pictures with far better custom shots.
3. Break out individual families. In any large extended family there are likely to be two or three individual families.
4. Take some non-posed shots. If you are shooting at a beach or a park, photograph the kids at play and the adults interacting naturally.
5. Create custom designed photo books.
Following through with all of these offers means the photographer will need to work quickly and efficiently. The ability to get a large number of quality images, made up of a large variety of pictures is often what distinguishes high-end photographers from those just getting by. With the investment of time and thought in increased organization, practice, and a better trained eye a photographer can increase his ability to add value at a family photo shoot. This in turn will increase the size of the order he receives.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Author is a Laguna Beach Wedding Photographer who services all of Orange County. He has created a website that evaluates, from a photographer’s perspective, wedding and portraits sites in and around Orange County.