OC Wedding Photographer Offers Tips For Establishing Relationships with Vendors
During difficult economic times, it is important that a wedding photographer find new ways of finding weddings to shoot. One of the time honored most effective ways of doing so is to develop relationships with other wedding vendors.
This article looks at some effective ways in which that can be done.
1. Identify the vendor or vendors with whom you want to develop a relationship. Try and make one that is compatible with your place in the wedding market place. For example if you usually only shoot high end weddings, you will likely not finding it productive to develop relationships with mid level or lower lever wedding venue locations.
2. After identifying the locations with whom you would like to develop a relationship, identify the person who would be in charge of referrals.
3. Once you have identified the person who is in charge of referrals begin doing things that would make that person’s job easier or make her more successful. For example you could write an ezine article explaining all of the photographic benefits of shooting at vendor’s location. Send her an email that communicates your desire to establish a professional relationship with her. Add a link to the article. Any time you have an opportunity, send business her way. This will make it much more likely that when she has an opportunity she will send those clients your way.
4. Never talk poorly about other vendors. Everyone knows that if you are willing to talk behind one vendors back, it the circumstances were different, you’d be willing to talk bad about the vendor to whom you are now talking. Talking negatively about other vendors is never productive.
5. Keep a vendor section on your website. Often people are willing to put up a link to a vendors website. However, few people are willing to go that extra mile and actually have a section of their website dedicated to vendors. Doing this will make it more impress and benefit those with whom you’d like to have a good relationship.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Vanessa is an Orange County Wedding photographer who also works in Temecula and San Diego.