10 Simple Strategies to Promote Your Site
Traffic is the only way to promote your website. Thus, to create more traffic into your website, a high ranking among the search results by search engine is critical. The more inward links your website gets, the higher your website ranking is. This is particularly important because if a well-known website links to your website, your website are more likely to increase in the number of visitors and ranking by search engines.
There are some important websites that should link to your website as these are considered trustworthy by search engines:
• Websites such as Microsoft, Amazon or BBC
• Directories such as the Open Directory Project
• Blogger directories such as Bloglines.com
• Educational websites especially from top educational universities
• Free websites
• Websites with high page rank from search engines
The strategies to make the important websites to link to your website are:
• Using link building services either by using software or paying others to start a campaign to build links
• Paying for links on a directory or from websites with high page rank, but this method is very risky as your website can be banned from search engines
• Writing informative articles for other websites and including the link back to your own website
• Swapping links with other websites. This is the least working strategy for large scale websites.
The links to your website are not equal as there are a few factors that determine the value of a link. The factors are strength, relevance, anchor text and position of the website. As mentioned earlier, the strength of a link is due to the ranking of a website by search engines.
The relevance means that if the content of the website linking to you is highly relevant to your website, your page rank will increase if the website has a high ranking. If the website linking to you is one of the websites in the top lists of search results, your website will gain more importance. Anchor text is important when you want to link your website to other websites mainly to provide more information on a particular topic.
A small number of high-quality links is much better than a large number of links that are not getting your website anywhere. Search and ask around for the top websites that you should put the links. You can start the ball rolling by link to other websites, in particularly the high-quality websites and links from these websites are worth more than an average website.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Nizzura is a full time internet marketer and earning full time income online since 2007. He have shared his method on getting free targeted free traffic and making money online in his 100+ page ebook entitled "Free Money Method".
You can grab the "Free Money Method" ebook at http://FreeMoneyMethod.com