Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles
Monday, April 22, 2019
 
Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint ArticlesRegisterAll CategoriesTop AuthorsSubmit Article (Article Submission)ContactSubscribe Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles
 

An Examination of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Cancer is a life-threatening disease that is prevalent in our time. One of which is known as non-Hodgkins lymphoma or NHL. It is a cancer that affects the lymphatic system and develops in the lymphoid tissue, which contain lymphocytes that are found all over the body.

The lymphatic system is part of our immune system, and contains two basic types of lymphocytes. B lymphocytes manufacture antibodies that protect your body against bacteria and viruses by attracting white blood cells that devour them.

Tlymphocytes on the other hand destroy cancer cells as well as viruses, fungi, and bacteria. They produce a chemical called cytokinesis which attracts white blood cells to help destroy harmful microorganisms. Research posted at www.cancer.org by the Cancer Society claims that non-Hodgkins lymphoma develop from B lymphocytes 85% of the time, and the remaining 15% from T lymphocytes.

Since lymphoid tissue is found in all the areas of the body, non-Hodgkins lymphoma can originate almost anywhere in the body. It commonly develops on the lymph nodes, spleen, digestive tract, and tonsils. Diagnosis can be difficult because there are at least thirty different types of lymphoma. It is a fast growing type of cancer that can spread quickly if not diagnosed immediately. Treatment depends on which type of non-Hodgkins lymphoma is present, the rate that it is growing, or if it has infected surrounding tissues.

Since every case of non-Hodgkins lymphoma is unique, treatment is often difficult and complicated. Treatment used on one case may not necessarily work on another. It is safer to obtain a second opinion before any treatment should begin. This is important especially if there are questions or doubts about the recommendations being made.

Before undergoing any major treatment or surgery consider getting a second opinion as it may spell the difference between death and a full recovery. Visit the American Cancer Society at www.cancer.org, the National Caner Institute at www.cancer.gov, and www.lymphomafocus.org, for more information on non-Hodgkins lymphoma. These websites offer critical information on signs and symptoms, early diagnosisFree Web Content, and various treatments and interventions.

Article Tags: Non-hodgkins Lymphoma

Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com

ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Morgan Hamilton offers expert advice and great tips regarding all aspects concerning research. Learn more at Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma



Health
Business
Finance
Travel
Technology
Home Repair
Computers
Marketing
Autos
Family
Entertainment
Law
Education
Communication
Other
Sports
ECommerce
Home Business
Self Help
Internet
Partners


Page loaded in 0.014 seconds