Search Engine Optimization – Your Site on Page One
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is about choosing the right keywords to increase the chance for your website to rank on page one. This article will show you why getting your business website on the first page should be your goal if you want to get found on the internet and bring awareness of your business’s existence.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is about choosing the right keywords to increase the chance for your website to rank on page one. Getting your business website on the first page should be your goal if you want to get found on the internet and bring awareness of your business’s existence. Consequently, more targeted traffic can be generated, traffic that could lead to potential income and more business. If your site is not ranked in the top results pages on major search engines, potential customers are passing you by!
There are two different categories for SEO:
1. Off-Page SEO: what other websites are saying about your website determines the overall authority of your site on the internet. This refers to your Online Reputation, which over time can be improved.
2. On-Page SEO: this deals with the content of your website and how well it’s presented to the search engines. The more keyword-rich content you generate, the more search engines will find (and love) you. Improving this can be done immediately.
Worldwide, approximately 1 billion searches are conducted per month on Google. Most people start their quest for a product or service using the internet. There are four vitally important facts you need to know when it comes to SEO:
1. 20% of monthly Google searches are for local businesses.
2. 46% of daily searches are for information on products or services.
3. 70% of where search users click on is in the organic area – not the paid.
4. 75% of internet users never scroll past the first page of search results.
Therefore, having your business website on the first page is no longer an alternative to just having a good looking website, it’s crucial for your business. Your site must come up on the first page of search results, or it’s virtually invisible. What good is a website if no one can find it? Using search engine optimization to help get your website on page one advances your chances of getting clicked on more frequently and you can benefit from generating high traffic volume. More visitors to your site, means more potential business and an increase in income.
However, it is suggested by Google that your website be designed for your visitors, not for search engines. So, design your site for your potential customers and learn as much as you can about search engine optimization to reap the full benefits of an optimized website.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
For more information to help turn your customers into raving fans for your business, go to White On White Enterprises. While you're there, be sure to get our FREE "Sales Dynamite" E-Book that exposes 21 Proven Ways to explode your sales through the roof.