5 easy ways to overcome Negative thoughts
You've got to stay positive to conquer life. But you can't do that with distorted thought patterns. This is because your thoughts condition your life. Therefore, if you seek to stay positive in life, your thoughts is the principal thing to adjust. Here are 5 simple tips to break free from Negative thought patterns so as to embrace Positivity.
Life has many stages the good, bad and ugly. The way we handle these stages and deal with situations in our life matters a lot. A lot of things happen as we grow up in life, different experiences unfold itself as we mature.
Negative thoughts are like the bad vibes in whatever we do. No matter how positive your plans or actions are, as long as it is attached to a negative thought it can lead to the collapse of your goals.
Why do we need to develop and maintain positive thoughts? Because your thought is the engine that drives your life. You have to keep them Positive to stay positive. When you don't, It's like putting a faulty engine in a very beautiful car what do you think will happen, your guess is as good as mine. The thought is so powerful that it is the seat of ideas. Some say that the thought generates ideas. It is the very place that ideas begins to grow and it is very important we ensure that our thoughts are the very positive ones.
Now, what happens when someone has developed or has the habit of sticking to negativity? what can the person do to overcome them.
Here are five easy ways to overcome negative thoughts.
1. Avoid Negative people if you can't change them: in life there are lots of people with different idea, beliefs and views about things and how things should be done. But there are particular sets of persons that tend to only see the negative side of things. When the both of you are discussing about a particular project you want to embark on they tend to give advice or raise a point that will make you see the project as one not worth the risk. They tend to frighten and discourage the individual that want to carry out great feats. These set of persons are fearful and unbelieving. Avoid those set of persons if you can't help them, because if you keep on following them it's only a matter of time you will become like them. Meanwhile you can get so Positive that you don't need to avoid anyone because your positivity is contagious. And can influence anyone around you for good.
2. Condition your mind to see Positivity: it is not enough to avoid people or friends to stay positive. You also have a part to play in making sure that you stay positive always. For example you want to embark on a project, start by asking yourself; what should I do to make sure this project is a success? Picture the project succeeding. See its successful implementation even before you begin. When you do this, your mind receives the positive energy to start and finish the project successfully.
3. Read positive Books: In life, there are several books in almost every aspect of human life or endeavor. What you need to do is to pick a book (especially the one that promotes positivity) that perhaps covers the project you want to embark on. A good example of such book is “The power of positive thinking” by Norman Vincent Pearl. By so doing, you will discover many ways to do the project you wanted to do and even sometimes a whole lot of opportunities you never thought were possible or ever existed begins to unfold. Several Possibilities will open to you and from there, you’ll be faced with several Positive choices that can better your life. I also have another book for you. It is a very wonderful one that has helped millions of people obtain positive mindset. And it is still helping many today. It has transformed several people positively and I believe it can change yours for the better also. It is the Bible, yes I mean the Christian HOLY BIBLE. If you read and practice what it says it will definitely change your life. The Bible has a way of shaping the mindset of men for positivity. For example, a passage like Philippians 4:8 gave us an extensive list of what to think on to maintain a peaceful mind. You can start from there. Read and practice what it says. It can not only change your negative thoughts but it will also change your life for good. Also, if you are still very young, growing up and you want to avoid the mistakes that several people make while growing up. I suggest you read the book of proverbs, psalm and Ecclesiastes they are all contained in the Bible. They will definitely help you.
4. Keep developing you mind: After practicing the steps that have been stated above, avoid going back to those things, place or habits that made you have negative thoughts. And also avoid people that also have the type of mindsets you dropped. You may rather seek to help them than subscribe to those failure ideologies. In so doing, you will discover that you’ll begin to experience a new line of positive thought patterns, and suddenly you’ll start to grow emotionally and all-round.
Never settle for a level. Keep developing your mind until everything about you screams "Positivity".
5. Meditate on Good things: Whatever you allow into your subconscious mind will rule you. Be mindful of what you spend time to meditate on. Do not dwell long on Negative things. Focus your mind on good reports, beautiful things, love, pure things, and truth. Register these things into your subconscious through meditation. When you meditate on good things, your mind begins to unconsciously stay positive. Suddenly you’ll begin to give Positive response even in opposing and Negative situations. What you feed your mind on will determine how you'll respond to things.
Your thoughts rule your life. Therefore determine to consciously condition your mindset with the tools listed above so as to get the best out of your life.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am a blogger | copy writer | content marketer | SEO Enthusiast | Preacher