How You Can Find Great Ski Resorts
There are countless reasons that people take pleasure in skiing. The sport of skiing has increased in popularity over the years. Some people believe that skiing has a way of discovering their capabilities, while they are enjoying the excitement of rushing down the snow-covered mountains.
As they become more skilled at skiing, it turns into a form of expression to many of the people who have grown to becoming a better skier each time they hit the slopes. The challenge helps people to push themselves further to get better and with that concept, it keeps return skiers to the ski resorts. Some of the best ski resorts are
1. Aspen, Colorado – Famous Rocky Mountain town in a European-style ski village.
2. Heavenly Ski Resort – Offering ski slopes in both California and Nevada. This is the largest ski resort in the United States.
3. Deer Valley Resort – Located in Park City, Utah. This was the official site of the 2002 Olympic Slalom, Mogul, and Aerial Events.
4. Killington – Located on the eastern area of Vermont, known as the largest ski and snowboard area in the East.
5. Mount snow - Located on the Green Mountains of southern Vermont.
6. Royal Gorge Cross Country Ski Resort – On the trails of snow-clad wilderness in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
7. Squaw Valley-Nestled among six high peaks in the Sierra’s, in Nevada.
8. Stowe Mountain Resort – Offers their highest peak of 4,393, above sea level in Mt. Mansfield, Vermont.
9. Winter Park - Winter Park, Colorado, located deeply in the Rocky Mountains.
10. Vail Colorado - A Colorado Rocky Mountain Ski Resort. European-style ski village.
The top ten ski resorts listed offer the highest of peaks, and the beauty of the mountains. From beginners to advanced skiers, these resorts offer something for everyone. After spending the day on the slopes, or getting ready to ski at night, the warmth of the fireplaces and the food offered at these ski resorts will keep you warm, full and happy. Once your day is over, then you can warm up in your room or go to your home if you are lucky enough to live near the ski resorts, and get ready to do it all over again
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR