Places You Should not Miss to Visit While You Are in Nagpur
Nagpur is considered to be one of the important cities in the state of Maharashtra. Being known for oranges, this great city is also called as ‘Orange City’ and attracts travellers from all parts of the world. Many good hotels in Nagpur provide top-notch services at affordable costs.
Nagpur is considered to be one of the important cities in the state of Maharashtra. Being known for oranges, this great city is also called as ‘Orange City’ and attracts travellers from all parts of the world. Many good hotels in Nagpur provide top-notch services at affordable costs. This short write up will be handy for the tourists to know few of the must-see places in the city of Nagpur.
• Japanese Rose Garden: Tourists who are tired after a hectic travel can find great comforts in this wonderful garden. The garden offers the visitors an overwhelming charm with a cool and fresh environment. This is the right place for the morning walkers where one can enjoy the sweet fragrance of the lovely flowers which energize both mind as well body.
• Dhamma Chakra Stupa: This is a great pilgrimage centre for the people who practice Buddhism. This stupa structure has been the result of some amazing architectural beauty which can be appreciated by every tourist. This wonderful place attracts tourists from all parts of the world. It is here the great leader Ambedkar was transformed to Buddhism.
• Futala Lake: Built by Raje Bhosle, this wonderful lake is considered to be a favourite hangout location in Nagpur. The coloured lights around the lake form a great treat to the eyes. Most of the hotel rooms in Nagpur offer great comforts to the traveller and also most of these hotels arrange picnic events around this lake for their guests in collaboration with the local tourism department.
• Sevagram Ashram: This Sevagram Ashram was founded by the ‘Father of Nation’ Gandhiji in 1933. He has spent long years in this place, and this ashram is known to the headquarters for the social services activities executed by Gandhiji. It is a must-to-see location for every tourist who comes to Nagpur. All the hotels include this ashram in their daily sightseeing package.
• Sitabuldi fort: This historical Sitabuldi fort is located at the top of the hill and was built by the British in 1857. Currently, this Fort is housing the office of the Territorial Army. This Fort is open to the public on holidays, and a trough built for protection is truly amazing. Visitors can see a memorial built for the soldiers who have lost their lives during the war between the British and the Marathas.
In addition to the places above referred there are many more locations which can be explored by the first time travellers. To see all the sightseeing places in Nagpur travellers need to spend two or three days. Hotels in Nagpur always welcome the tourists throughout the year wherein the city experiences different weather conditions. If you have not visited Nagpur, it is time for you to book your accommodation to experience this amazing city with your loved ones.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author is an avid writer and is interested in traveling & blogging and shares his own travel experience on article or blog sites. Through his articles, I can get information about good hotels in Nagpur and hotel rooms in Nagpur .