Tourism in Kerala: 10 Things to Do In Kerala
Kerala, also known as God’s Own Country because of its natural exuberance, is a small state located in south India. Tourism in Kerala is popular both amongst the Indians and the foreigners owing to its backwaters, lush green forests, wildlife and sandy beaches. This article is an endeavor to present the joys and thrills of Kerala tours.
Here are a few interesting things that you should do in Kerala:
1. Houseboat ride on the serene backwaters: Perhaps nothing in the world can beat the serenity and the blissful experience that accompanies a houseboat ride on the lazy lagoons & backwaters of Kerala. It is a great opportunity to witness the river-life and the adjacent hamlets from a close range.
2. A visit to Munnar: Munnar hill station is one of the primary reasons why the tourism in Kerala has become so popular. Munnar is noted for its cool climate, sprawling tea & spice plantations, Anamudi (highest peak of south India), Eravikulam National Park and some rare flora.
3. Visiting Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary: Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the most popular wildlife sites in the south and a huge draw for the tourists. Chiefly noted for the gigantic Indian elephants, the sanctuary also houses other animals including leopards, tigers, Nilgiri langur, foxes, horse deer and many more.
4. Eperiencing the beaches: Under Kerala tourism package, you can also experience the charm of the sandy, palm-fringed beaches which dot this beautiful state. Kovalam Beach is the most popular beaches followed by beaches in Varkala, Cherai, Cochin, etc.
5. Exploring Kerala: Kerala has a very powerful native culture. Long-flowing sarees, Ayurveda, Elephants, art, dance and handicrafts complete the picture of this enchanting state. There is much to explore in this part of the world. From the charming beaches to the quiet churches to the holy Indian temples to wildlife parks to spice plantations- you will never get bored of your Kerala trip.
6. Watching Kathakali: Kathakali is a traditional dance form that involves art of body paint. During your Kerala tours, you must definitely head for a Kathakali show in a theatre.
7. Elephant ride: Tourism in Kerala takes pride in its elephants and mahouts (elephant trainers). It would be a real sin if you come to Kerala and do not ride an elephant!
8. Go for Ayurveda massage: As stated earlier, Kerala is famed for Ayurveda. There are many Ayurveda parlors that offer relaxation massages. It would be really exhilarating and soothing to your body & mind.
9. Sailing at Alleppey: Allepey has the best backwater in Kerala. Sailing down these backwaters can be an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
10. Trying South Indian food: Kerala’s delicious cuisines particularly idly and dosa are world famous. Make sure that you taste them!
With a Kerala tourism package, you can fulfill all your wishes and enjoy sightseeing without any inconvenience!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hungry Bags has been handling tourism in Kerala for the last many years. If you are planning Kerala tours, the reasonably priced Kerala tourism packages offered by Hungry Bags can be the best way to keep both your spirits and pockets happy.