You can reduce your stress and enjoy more time for yourself and your family. Discover these nine secrets to getting and staying ... Keep like items ... Keep cutting boards, knives, peel
You can reduce your stress and enjoy more time for yourself and your family. Discover these nine secrets to getting and staying organized.
1. Keep like items together. Keep cutting boards, knives, peelers and vegetable brushes together near the sink. Place all manicure/pedicure supplies in a basket.
2. Store things where you use them. Keep extra sheets in bedrooms, videos near the TV, and cleaning supplies on every floor.
3. Make frequently used items easily accessible and rarely-used items less accessible. If you use your blender daily, keep it on the counter. If you use it once a month, put it in the back of a low cabinet.
4. If you don't use it get rid of it. Unless it's a beautiful decorative item or a cherished memento, why are you keeping it? Pass it on.
5. Establish a place for everything. Designate a "home" for every item in YOUR home. Make them so specific you can find things in the dark.
6. Always put it back where it belongs after you use it. Teach household members to do the same.
7. Use lists. Make lists of things to do and buy. Keep an on-going grocery list. Post a current leftovers list on the fridge door. Use a meals list.
8. Make it easy. Use hooks instead of hangers for kids' coats. Take the lids off hampers. Preprint a grocery list so household members can simply circle needed items.
9. Develop systems and routines. Find the most efficient way to do laundry and stick with it. Use a meal planner consistently. You'll save time by not having to think about the details.