Know the Side Effects of Breast Cancer Radiation Therapy
Everyone must be aware of the sign and symptoms of cancer to save their life. This article emphasizes on common side effects of breast cancer radiation therapy.
Each and every person must be aware of the sign and symptoms of cancer to save their life. It is not necessary that all the breast lumps may be cancerous only. But the most common symptom of breast cancer in both men and women is the swollen lymph nodes in the underarm and a lump or thickening of the breast. Sometimes there may be lump in the area above the collar bone. This condition indicates the spread of the cancer to the lymph nodes.
Some of the sign and symptoms of cancer -
1. Swelling and the feeling of warmth in the breast.
2. Tenderness around the nipple.
3. Sudden some discharge from the nipple.
4. Development of rashes around the nipple.
5. Increase in the overall size of the breast.
6. Feeling of scaling or itching which is usually called pruritus on the nipple.7. Color and the texture of areola changes. Areola is the dark pigmented area which surrounds the nipples.
8. In the later symptom of the breast cancer, breast ulcer may also develop.
9. There is a non-tender breast lump.
10. In one spot there may be a feeling of some pain.
It can be treated with the help of surgery which is a combination of radiation, chemotherapy and hormonal therapy. There are side effects with each and every process. Radiation is done by using the high intensity energy beams to kill the cell of the cancer. Some common side effects with breast cancer radiation therapy are-
1. It results into some skin problems like reddening, peeling and rashes.
2. There may be some mild severe pain in the chest due to disturbance in the nearby nerves.
3. There may be skin irritation, discomfort and inflammation in the armpit.
4. Several patients suffer from the problem of loss of appetite due to radiation therapy for the treatment of breast cancer.
5. Some patient suffers from nausea, dizziness and vomiting immediately after the therapy or after some days of the session.
6. Some patient suffers from increased fatigue and weakness even after the treatment or before subjecting to radiation therapy.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Find natural Herbal Breast Enlargement Cream. Know how Cellulite Reduction Cream helps restore the shape. Get Female Libido Enhancer to improve performance.