Looking After Your Synthetic Wigs
First of all, the best thing about synthetic wigs would be that there isnít much to maintain about them. And even if you wash them regularly, they donít need to be styled over and over again. Moreover such wigs know how to withstand the elements of nature, which human hair wigs, such as natural blonde wigs donít.
1. Always pick the right hair products to look after your synthetic wigs. The properties for such wigs would be different from that of real hair. This means that you need to take special care with the kind of products you want to use on the wigs. If you want the wigs to look stunning and beautiful, or even to extend the life of the wig fiber, ensure you use special conditioners and shampoos, even styling products as well which are made for such wigs. Blonde wigs made of synthetic fiber need the most care, say experts.
2. Detangling is a must and always uses a wide toothed comb to do the needful for synthetic wigs. Start gradually combing the ends and then move on to the base ends. When it comes to washing the synthetic wig, use cold water and get the wig submerged with synthetic shampoo for around five minutes. This is a process different from that you would use for natural hair wigs or blonde wigs made of human hair. Remember no rubbing or squeezing, just gently swirl the wig to wash it.
3. Dry the synthetic wigs with the help of towel presses and not hot air. No wringing and rubbing or squeezing allowed, or else the hair would loose its texture and sheen. As you would put the blonde wigs made of natural hair on a wig stand to apply a leave-in-conditioner, do the same with the synthetic wig as well, so that it can air dry itself with the leave-in-conditioner on it.
4. For styling you should allow it to completely dry first and then with a wide toothed comb or with your fingers get the styling of the synthetic wigs done. You can make layers using synthetic wig hair styling products. This would be different from those found for natural hair blonde wigs available in the market.
5. Ensure that the synthetic wigs are washed every fourteen days or after every occasional wear. To help keep the wig maintain its vibrancy, it would be best to keep the fiber cared for with synthetic hair wig products and not natural blonde wigs products.
6. Donít play your wet synthetic wigs on a wig stand or a mannequin, it would stretch the lace base and destroy it in the long run. As with natural blonde wigs, you should ensure that your synthetic wig is kept far from heat, hair dryers, wood fires, curling irons, spas, ovens etc, for it can cause irreplaceable damages.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR