A good, inexpensive way to promote your books is a flyer. What makes one flyer so much better than another? Use these 10 tips to make yours stand out from the crowd.
1. Include your front cover. People want to see what your book looks like. Color is great, but not necessary. Make sure your colored book cover copies well in black and white. It's far cheaper to print in black and white.
2. Hook your prospective buyers with the headline in the top line. For instance, read about SEX as it really is! Give your audience a reason to buy--Show those benefits!
3. Include some juicy excerpts. Buyers want to see a sample of your writing.
4. Include your picture with a brief biography near it. People want to see what the author looks like. Place it on the right side if possible.
5. Add praise from others. This is the most important way to market. The praise doesn't have to be from famous people. One author added a testimonial from a convict!
6. Put ordering information on a coupon at the flyer's bottom. Include ISBN number, Web site URL, and discount information.
7. Make it easy to buy. Offer easy ways to buy: credit cards, checks or money orders. Include your toll-free 800 number.
8. Give your buyers all the ways to stay in touch with you-street address, e-mail, Web Site, local phone and fax number, and 800 number.
9. Carry at least 25 flyers with you in a folder. Give one to every person you meet. Remember the "law of seven." After seven exposures, you have a buyer!
10. Use the backside of the flyer. Multiply buying results with more testimonials on the back. Include a longer excerpt from your book there.
Your flyer is an extension of you and your book, and one of the least expensive ways to market with print. Print hundreds, even thousands so your book buying public can easily purchase your book.
Judy Cullins: 20-year author, speaker, book coach Helps entreprenurs manifest their book and web dreams eBk: "Ten Non-techie Ways to Market Online" http://www.bookcoaching.com/products.shtml Send an email to Subscribe@bookcoaching.com FREE The Book Coach Says... includes 2 free eReports Judy@bookcoaching.com Ph:619/466/0622