"The World Wide Marketplace" (c)janes-placeSome of you have asked about marketing outside ofthe internet. To be effective, you "must" havetools. It's time consuming to search for thetools that you nee...
"The World Wide Marketplace" (c)janes-place
Some of you have asked about marketing outside of the internet. To be effective, you "must" have tools. It's time consuming to search for the tools that you need. Here are some tools that I use and have found them to be effective:
1) I had business cards printed up "Free" and I place one in every piece of correspondence I mail out. The quality of these cards really are impressive! Get your business cards free here: http://janes-place.com/marketing.htm Click on the small banner on the navigation bar. It says Free Business Cards.
2) I also had return labels printed up with my name, address and URL, at the same place I got my business cards. Every time I mail a letter, they are exposed to my URL. Eventually it will be burned in their minds.
3) Since the printing on labels are so small, I had a self-inking stamp printed up and stamp every piece of mail that goes out of this house. Even the postal people can see this!
4) I read ezines. Every article you read is the way that person does things. You take what you can use from the article and leave the rest.
5) I download a lot of ebooks and read them! A lot of people download ebooks, but never read them. Say you don't have time? I use to say that too! I now print them out and read them when I am waiting to see the doctor, dentist, anyplace where I have to wait. I always have a highlighter in my purse and highlight information that I find useful. That way later, I don't have to read the whole article again to find the information I'm looking for. You will find a lot of good ebooks at janes-place: http://janes-place.com/Downloads.htm http://janes-place.com/InterNETACTIVE.htm http://janes-place.com/ezineadvertising.htm http://janes-place.com/quickway.htm http://janes-place.com/more_downloads.htm I am working right now to get some more up to help with your marketing efforts. Download these ebooks and read them! They are there to help you!
6) I also jot down notes in the margin, like "try this", or "check this out". That way, when I'm ready to use the information in the ebook, I go thru my notes.
7) When I go shopping, I strike up conversations with fellow shoppers. I "always" get around to asking the question, "Do you have a computer?" Nine times out of ten, the answer is, "Yes". I reach into my purse, pull out one of my business cards and give them one. I invite them to visit my site and sign-up for my newsletters.
8) When I call another business, or they call me, I tell them about my site. For example, a lady called me the other day to get me to sign-up for MCI Long Distance service for my phone. I immediately brought up the subject of my internet business. As we talked, I found out that she was a new user of the internet and her mother made dolls that she wanted to put on the internet. I told her that I had a solution for both of them. She needed to sign-up for Newbie & Affiliate SOS Newsletter, to learn more about the internet and her mother could go to my site and place a free classified ad for her doll business and that there were a lot of other "Free Marketing Tools" on my site for her to use. Guess what? I just acquired two new customers and friends.
9) Everyone that I encounter in everyday life is a potential customer! They may not visit today or tomorrow, but they know that my site exists, because I told them about it! Have you ever taken someone's card, put it in your wallet or on top of a table, then forgot about it? You happen to see it again while cleaning out your wallet or the table. You think, "Oh, I forgot all about this!". You then recall the conversation that took place when you received the card and realize that this is something that you need to do or want to do? I have and a lot of other people do the same thing.
10) Find local places on the internet to advertise. For example, we have a site for the city where I live. I have placed a classified ad to let everyone in my city know that my site exists and I'm local. This makes people willing to do business with you. You are local! They somehow "feel safer", knowing that you live close by.
11) I have placed an ad in our local newspaper. There are a lot of new people buying computers that can benefit from my "newbie tips" in Newbie & Affiliate SOS Newsletter, but they can't benefit from my newsletter, if they don't know about it!
12) We have a lot of local swap meets in our town. I visit them and pass out flyers. I stand by the front gate and pass them out as customers enter. Yes, some throw them away, but some will read them and use them. I have a relative that works one of the local swap meets. I have printed up flyers and he sits them on a table with a large FREE Take One! sign in front of them.
There is a whole world to get your message to out there. Why just concentrate just on the internet?
I also advertise my ink affiliate locally. Everyone needs printer ink and would love to save money on it! I have to let them know that a local internet user uses the ink and has a site that they can order it from.
I have printed up flyers and distribute them locally, in offices, businesses, any place that will allow me to place them in their establishment.
The world is a huge Marketplace. Learn to use it to your advantage.
Jane Fulton is owner and webmistress of: http://janes-place.com janes-place is dedicated to helping newbies. If you are new to the internet, you need to sign-up for Newbie & Affiliate SOS Newsletter and learn to use your computer like a pro! http://janes-place.com/sos.htm