5 Easy Ways To Boost Your Confidence
Many of us suffer from low confidence, and it can be really debilitating. Read our guide for some easy ways to boost your confidence, and start living a happier life.
1. Donít care what other people think. This is vital; so many people lack confidence because theyíre always worrying about the impression they make on others: does she think Iím a nice person, did he think I was foolish to say that, do they think Iím a loser. These kind of thoughts are unhealthy; they drain your self confidence. If you go through life not caring what other people think of you, then youíll worry less, feel happier in your skin, and increase your confidence.
2. Be optimistic; have faith in yourself. What all those high-flyers have in common is pure faith in their own abilities. They donít approach a new challenge thinking about failure; it isnít even a notion they understand. If you think youíre going to be bad at something, then you will be. If youíre sure that girl is going to turn you down, then she will. Always feel that youíre going to be successful in everything you do, and, 9 times out of 10, good things will happen.
3. Be careful of the company you keep. This may sound controversial, but itís important: choose your friends wisely. If you find that people around you are gloomy nay-sayers, who always look on the bad said of life, then theyíre likely to sap your confidence. On the other hand, if you surround yourself with other bubbly, confident people, then their confidence will rub off on you too.
4. Do things that scare you. This is a time-honoured life tip, and one of the most successful ones: donít shy away from those things youíre afraid of. Instead, think of them as new challenges, life experiences youíve yet to try. Though they may test you, each time you succeed will make you less scared to try something new, and thus your self-confidence will grow.
5. Smile. A totally simple, yet hugely effective technique, smiling can boost your confidence because it creates other smiles Ė we challenge you to not smile back when someone smiles at you! This small act makes other people happier, and, as you caused this feeling in others, your confidence will soar.
Those people who find it easy to approach that pretty girl arenít born with any unusual gifts Ė they werenít given ĎSuper Charmí at birth. All they have is confidence. So try out our tips above, and youíll be walking tall in no time.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
This article was written by Alan Law, from Give-a-song.com - where you can have a unique song written and recorded by your choice of singer-songwriter. Find out more about our unusual romantic gifts on the website.