Holiday Shopping Security Tips
Shopping for the holiday's can be very stressful even if it is something that you enjoy very much. Sometimes you can get distracted by something or someone that can cause you to become a victim.Here a...
Shopping for the holiday's can be very stressful even if it is something that you enjoy very much. Sometimes you can get distracted by something or someone that can cause you to become a victim.
1. If by chance you will not be home for a few days or longer, be sure that it appears as if someone is at home. You can purchase timers that will turn your lights on and off or even a radio. Make sure to put your mail on hold and stop and newspaper delivery.
2. If you are shopping by phone, make sure you have the right party before you give out your credit card.
3. If I were you, never buy anything of value where the price sounds to good to be true. Chances are it could be stolen property. You can actually go to jail for accepting stolen property.
4. When you are in the dressing room or public bathroom NEVER hang your purse on any hook where someone can reach in and grab it. Hang your purse around your neck if you have to and NEVER put it on the floor either. Many times I have seen purses on the floor inside a stall. This is most shocking to me. Apart from having it stolen your purse can pick up some very nasty stuff off the floor.
5. Pick-pockets and purse snatchers are out in droves at this time. Make sure your purse has a secure zippered compartment for your wallet and your purse close to your body.
6. Try not to carry too many packages at a time. This makes you an easy mark. Make a run to the car and put packages in the trunk. Yes it could be a hassle but you probably can use the exercise anyway.
7. If at all possible park as close to the buildings or the mall entrance as you can. This means come shop early in the day of course.
8. If you need to use an ATM, use one that you go to all the time. If you are using a drive up ATM make sure all your doors are locked. If you use a walk up ATM it is best to have one with a door that locks behind you.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Bonus tip - For a way to shop this season and save time, gasoline, money and your sanity, visit http://www.householdbasicsdelivered.com
By C Davis - Information Publisher