Top 20 Pest Deterrent Tips
Pest prevention really is worth investing some time in. It is much more cost effective to prevent or deter pests rather than have to control or exterminate them once resident in your house or garden. Discover the Top 20 Deterrent Tips.
20 Top Pest Deterremt Tips
1. Lighting: lights lure bugs and insects, so porch and patio lights can be a perfect invitation for pests to enter your house. Have yellow exterior lighting rather than white.
2. Gutters: clean out gutters in the autumn to prevent wood rot, and to prevent insects nesting in the rotting leaves.
3. Keep your garden and the area around your house free of rubbish.
4. Don’t leave spilled birdseed under feeders and bird tables – it could attract mice, rats, pigeons and squirrels.
5. Don’t leave piles of wood, leaves, pipes and other detritus in the garden as it provides a perfect hiding place for rodents and other pests.
6. Stacked Firewood - Keep firewood a decent distance from your house and make sure it's kept off the ground.
7. Seal up holes around pipework.
8. Fit brush strips to the base of doors.
9. Fit fine wire mesh over vent holes.
10. Screen windows that need to be open to prevent flying insect access.
11. Keep loose foods in sealed containers - glass or plastic containers.
12. Lids on bins – take the rubbish out daily.
13. Keep your home clean. Vacuum regularly, including the mattresses.
14. Keep your pets clean – watch out for fleas.
15. Check for water leaks – ensure no access to water if possible.
16. Use poisons, physical traps, pest repeller devices and ideally call in the experts.
17. Do your research.
18. Check out several different pest control companies.
19. Read testimonials to ensure good service.
20. Ensure they are the expert for your type of pest.
TOP TIP: If you find that pest control in your home or on your property is more than you are capable of maintaining, find a pest control professional near you to safely and quickly carry out a program for pest control. A good pest repeller will eliminate your pests and give advice on making your home pest free for the future.
Visit the popular website Pest Exterminate Now to discover How to Humanely Repel Pests without Dangerous Chemicals and to find other useful advice and information.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kate Pusey is author of Pest Exterminate Now. This is an information website for anyone with a pest control problem. It contains articles and advice covering a wide range of subjects from Advice to Combat Fleas for Good to Do you have Bed Bugs?