A bit of advice to aid you in your quest to lower fuel consumption in your Audi
If you have just bought or leased a new Audi then the likelihood is that with a couple of alterations, to your Audi or your driving style, you can reduce your fuel consumption.
Mentioned here number of worthwhile tips to aid you down the avenue that leads to optimum fuel usage in your Audi.
1. Firstly, pace yourself when you are driving. The easiest way to reduce your fuel expenditure is reduce your speed. This is probably not the funkiest way to use less fuel but it is an indispensable method, so why not reduce your speed by a couple of miles per hour and save capital. It's effective as there is no need to hit the accelerator hard to keep a top speed going. This is due to the fact that momentum comes into play within a moving motor car, thus it takes a lower amount of fuel to keep a constant speed going.
2. Taking a gander at tyre pressure is also important. Under-inflated tyres can seriously decrease your MPG because they bolster road resistance, which uses up more fuel than properly inflated tyres. Plus resistance works on the Audi, pulling it backwards, so you will need to use more fuel to hit the same speed. Seeing as pressure lessens monthly check your tyre pressure at least once in that period.
3. Regularly check your air filter. A continually blocked filter prevents air from getting to the engine, which has a detrimental effect on fuel usage. This occurs because the engine is too hot; it will get too hot and not work properly if it doesn't regulate. If you can see light through the filter then it's bound to be new.
4. Shut down modern Audi add-ons. Pop open a window instead of switching on the air conditioning unit, this will get you feeling cooler and allow the fresh air to circulate more freely in the body of the vehicle. Furthermore it will put less of a strain on your energy and increase fuel consumption.
5. Go small. If you are hoping to get hold of a new Audi go for a diminutive make that champions fuel efficiency. Right now there are a number of Audi contract hire deals that may be far more economical than your current Audi as well as good for the environment too.
6. Alternatively, if you are not ready for an upgrade then be conscious of loading up the Audi with too many heavy items. By keeping the boot filled up you'll end up with up to 50 pounds of superfluous weight. This will do nothing for you but cause your fuel consumption to rise, so empty the boot out and save your cash.
7. Why not carpool to get into work. If you assume the average person has a 30 mile round trip commute to wind up at their office, and is at work for 240 year annually, carpooling will result in a sharp fall in the number of miles one drives every year by 3,600, saving 180 gallons of gas for a vehicle that gets 20 mpg. A drop like this is just what you need if you want to save as much as you can.
By sticking to these easy-to-follow tips you should be well placed to reduce your fuel usage, save the environment and your money.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Audi contract hire - I enjoy solving problems and I try to work within an ethos of logic and professionalism. I have a good backlog of previous work and have worked on both large and small projects either as an individual or within a team. I'm also a very creative person and remain professional and efficient in high pressure situations.