A bit of advice to help you lessen fuel needs in your BMW
If you have just purchased or even leased a new BMW then the probability is that with a few changes, to your BMW or your driving style, you can better your fuel usage figure.
Written below are few ideas to help you make the right steps towards optimum fuel usage in your BMW.
1. Try to pace yourself when you start driving. The optimum way to lessen fuel usage is lessen your speed level. It doesn't claim to be a fun way to cut back of fuel usage but it is proven to work, so perhaps reduce speed by a few MPH and save money. You'll see that this system works because you don't need to put your foot down on the accelerator to up-keep your speed. This is happens as a moving car gains momentum accordingly you require a lower level of fuel to get speed up to a constant.
2. Ensure you check the pressures of the tyres regularly. Under-inflated tyres can seriously decrease your MPG as they up the amount of resistance with the road, which utilises more fuel than tyres that are filled to the correct level. Furthermore the resistance metaphorically pulls the BMW backwards so to reach the same level of speed you'll need to use more fuel. As pressure decreases over the month you should assess the pressure of the tyres during that time - at least once is recommended.
3. Frequently take a look at the air filter. Air can't get to the engine if a filter is blocked, which affects performance levels badly. This occurs because the engine needs to reach an optimum temperature; it will just overheat and not perform efficiently otherwise. Just remember if light gets through the filter then it's likely to be new.
4. Ease off on using state-of-the-art BMW conveniences. Crack open the window instead of dialling up the air conditioning system, this will not only cool you down but it will also allow the fresh air to circulate more freely in the body of the vehicle. Furthermore it will weigh down on your energy and cause fuel consumption to be at a higher rate.
5. Streamline with a smaller vehicle. If you are hell bent on purchasing a new BMW go for a model that that is a little smaller than your current set of wheels.
6. However, if you want to stick with your old BMW then be wary of storing too much in the BMW and increasing weight levels By filling the boot and keeping it that way you can have up to 50 pounds of superfluous weight. This will do nothing for you but cause your fuel consumption to rise, so take everything out of the boot and save mounds of cash.
7. Share your car with others. Bearing in mind that a person, will on average travel about 30 miles as part of their commute to reach their work space, and works for an amazing 240 days of the year, carpooling will lead to a drop in the miles one drives every year by 3,600, saving 180 gallons of gas for a vehicle that gets 20 mpg. Saving this much fuel could really boost your savings!
By following these beneficial ideas you should be well placed to reduce your fuel usage, save the environment and your money.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR