A selection of tips to aid you in your quest to lower fuel figures in your BMW
If you have just leased or even purchased a new BMW then the chances are that with a few modifications, either to your BMW or to your driving, you can better your fuel usage figure.
Written below are few ideas to put you on the right track to reducing your gas needs when driving your BMW.
1. Be mindful to pace your speed when you drive on the street. The best way to reduce fuel consumption is to reduce your speed. It's not an exciting way to lessen fuel consumption but it does work, so why not reduce your speed by a couple of miles per hour and save capital. This is so effective because there is no need to hit the accelerator hard to keep a top speed going. This happens because a car in motion has generated a level of momentum, therefore it takes less energy and fuel to maintain a constant speed.
2. Ensure you check the pressures of the tyres regularly. The presence of under-inflated tyres can reduce your MPG as they up the amount of resistance with the road, which burns more fuel than tyres that are inflated to specification. Moreover resistance pulls the BMW back so to attain the same speed level you'll be required to take up more fuel. Because pressure falls within the thirty days of each month check your tyre pressure at least once in that period.
3. Make sure you check the air filter. A filter that is blocked reduces the correct amount of air from reaching the engine area, which in turn affects performance and fuel economy. This occurs because the engine is too hot; it will seriously overheat otherwise and not do its job properly. If it's possible to see light through the filter then it's relatively new.
4. Turn off the high tech BMW accessories. Roll down the window instead of turning the air conditioning on, this will cool you down and let that fresh summer breeze into the car. And it will also weigh down on your energy and cause fuel consumption to be at a higher rate.
5. Downsize. If you are in the market for a new BMW then perhaps get a model that that is a little smaller than your current set of wheels. In the growing car industry of today there is an array of deals from that may be far more economical than your current BMW as well as good for the environment too.
6. Alternatively, if you are not ready for an upgrade then be conscious of loading up the BMW with too many heavy items. By filling up the boot to full capacity you'll have over 40 pounds of excess weight. The bad news is that this will only work to promote fuel consumption, so take everything out of the boot and save mounds of cash.
7. Start a car pooling initiative. Seeing as the average person battles through a 30 mile commute to reach their work space, and works for an amazing 240 days of the year, carpooling will lead to a drop in the miles one drives annually by 3,600 - a saving of 180 gallons of gas for a vehicle that runs on 20 mpg. A reduction like this is wicked and put less of a strain on your pocket.
By abiding by these easy-to-follow tips you should save fuel, save capital and even save the earth.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Organisation lies at the heart of my role - I've come up with a host of ways to classify documents and keep items ordered in an accessible fashion. I maintain strong links with clients, handle all kinds of paper work and make sure the business runs as well as it can. I believe it's of the utmost importance to ensure the base of any enterprise is healthy before other duties can be accomplished.