Facts About Your Oil Change
At some point, if you own a car, you will need to get an oil change. By having the oil changed according to the manufacturer's recommendations, you will greatly lengthen the life of your vehicle. Ther...
There are many facts about oil changes that are good to know when deciding how often to have one performed. These are:
• Manufacturer's recommend that you have the oil changed around 5,000 miles. The exact distance oil can go, depends on how much and how the vehicle is driven. It could go as low as 3,000 miles for a vehicle that is driven shorter distances every day to as many as 7,000 miles for a vehicle that is rarely driven.
• The purpose of motor oil is to lubricate the engine of your vehicle. Having oil on the engine keeps all the parts moving properly.
• Having the oil changed occasionally will help your vehicle continue to run well. When things are being lubricated as they should, there will be less wear and tear on your vehicle's engine resulting in a vehicle that runs longer.
• Leaving the dirty oil in the engine too long can create a filthy engine. Sludge builds up on the engine over time and keeping it lubricated properly with clean oil will help clean it so that everything moves as it should.
• Any special that you may find for an oil change will vary by retailer. However, most reductions are a set particular dollar amount off.
Because all vehicles that are powered by internal combustion engines need an oil change from time to time, coupons, promotions, and specials are very helpful to help save the average consumer money. Many mechanics and quick lube establishments offer these special deals. Some don't necessarily offer their deals through coupons however, but through membership programs instead, where you can save so much money each time and earn free and deeply discounted oil changes in the future. Often there is a yearly or monthly fee, but in time, it will be worth the introductory price you pay.
How do you find these money saving discounts? These are often available through the business websites as well as third party coupon websites and inserts in your local newspapers. However, there are certain policies and stipulations that need to be followed such as the specific services that the coupons cover. Often, they do not cover the cost of oil disposal, fluid checks, and extra stuff such as detailing and vacuuming the interior of the vehicle.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
When you need an oil change fresno can count on to be quick and efficient, come to http://www.meineke-fresno.com.