21 Mistakes Most Entrepreneurs Make When Building Your Business!
You had a passion and interest in a particular product or service that you could offer and that you believed others would want. But there's a LOT more to running a successful business than what meets the eye.
I realize that when you first started your business you may not have thought about EVERYTHING that would be involved with running a successful business, right?
You had a passion and interest in a particular product or service that you could offer and that you believed others would want. But there's a LOT more to running a successful business than what meets the eye. Here are some very common mistakes I see my clients and others I meet making every month in their businesses. The ones who end up being successful are the ones who REALIZE this and take steps to FIX their issues.
What mistakes are YOU making?
1. Not marketing to everyone you know
2. Not having a consistent follow up marketing system
3. Being afraid of networking and not learning how to overcome it
4. Thinking if they build it, they will come
5. Cutting back on marketing first when times are tough
6. Lack of understanding of what types of marketing will work for their business and what won't
7. Planning too much and not DOING anything
8. Giving up too soon
9. Not estimating enough start up costs and expenditures
10. Letting their own opinions about marketing get in the way of what they decide to do to market their business
11. Thinking they can do it all themselves and need to
12. Not asking for help
13. Spending too much time on things that are not making them money
14. Not getting professional help from the start with certain aspects of their business
15. Compromising quality and professionalism to save money
16. Not really knowing and understanding their target market
17. Not knowing their competition or following them too closely without knowing if what they're doing is working or not
18. Making decisions in their marketing based on what types of marketing THEY like or don't like to be targeted with
19. Not continually learning about new techniques and practices
20. Not keeping up with technology to better build your business
21. Thinking that marketing = expensive
What are YOU going to do about the ones you identify with?
I hope this gives you some things to think about. Remember, to get a plan in order so you DON'T end up making these common mistakes and to get a more specific and targeted approach to your marketing and business growth I'm happy to sit down with you in Planning Meeting. I've designed a STEP-BY-STEP program just for you to make marketing and attracting more clients and business (they way YOU want to do business) FUN!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
(c) Copyright 2009 K. Sawa Marketing International. Katrina Sawa is an Award-Winning Relationship Marketing Coach who's helped hundreds of small business owners take dramatic steps in their businesses to get them to the next level in business, revenues and life. She offers one-on-one coaching, group coaching and do-it-yourself marketing planning products. Go online now to get started with her Free Report and Free Audio at http://www.jumpstartyourmarketing.com