Consumers Getting Cash for Platinum
If a person with a full jewelry box needed money, he or she might want to consider getting cash for platinum. Platinum is a precious metal that is extremely rare. This valuable material has been...
- Worth more than gold: Platinum is worth up to two times what the same size piece of gold is worth. Many older bracelets, bangles and brooches have this precious material in them as years ago, it wasn’t worth so much.
- South Africa has deposits: The largest deposits of platinum are found in South Africa. In fact, up to eighty percent of the world’s supply comes from this region. It sometimes is found in mines alongside copper and nickel.
- What is it like physically? Physically, this commodity is white-silver, shapeable if hammered, and has a sheen and luster. It doesn’t oxidize no matter what the temperature.
- Queen Elizabeth’s crown: One of the early crowns of Queen Elizabeth contained this valuable and beautiful metallic substance.
- Health concerns: The salts of platinum are known to cause health problems. The metallic portion does not, but the salts can irritate the eyes, nose and breathing pathways. A derivative of it called Cisplatin is used in chemotherapy treatments to eliminate cancerous tumors.
Rivers: This compound is found in rivers, as well. Alluvial sand is one place in rivers where it’s naturally found. It is believed to have been used by ancient civilizations.
On the moon: Believe it or not, this precious material is also found on the moon and in meteorites.
- As early as the 1500’s: During the 1500’s, platinum was first mentioned in European literature by a humorist. They called it a noble metal and were astounded that it couldn’t be melted by any fire they stoked to do so.
Bracelets, brooches, necklaces and rings containing this silver-white, lustrous material may be just lost in the tangle of costume jewelry on one’s dresser. Many people have forgotten that they even own any. It would be a wise move to look through the unused bangles to see if there are any spare items to be traded. Cash for platinum could be the answer to a person’s money woes.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
When they're looking for retailers specializing in cash for platinum Nashville residents may need to shop around, exercise their savvy and gain some knowledge to get the best deal. Find out more information about this fascinating, fluctuating field at http://www.thegoldrushstore.com/.