Go Green Printing to Save Mother Nature
Throughout world, people are following a new type of printing “Eco color printing”. There are many corporations who are working towards this bandwagon.
Young adults are moving towards environmental friendly printing. They buy organic or environmental friendly products. To become more organic, print companies are using recycled paper and soy based ink. Printing companies are using soy based ink instead of traditional petroleum based ink. Generally, soy based ink was developed for newspaper printing purpose but nowadays it is also used for business cards and product catalogs. Some advantages of this ink are: it is environmental friendly and colors tend to be vibrant.
Important tips for environmental friendly printing:
• Try to recycle your cartridges. Recycling cartridges save money and time. One of the cheapest options is refilling.
• If your file is in text format, use print in draft mode. In addition, try to print on both the sides of the paper. This will save paper.
• As far as possible, print only important documents. Wherever possible present your perspective online. Avoid printing when there are other options.
• Always buy an environmental friendly printer. It may be expensive, but in the long run it is considered a very good investment. Use only eco-friendly ink. Use soy based inks as far as possible. Your monthly bill will be reduced if you buy printers that require less electricity.
Use soy based ink
Due to advancement in technology, green printing has become affordable. In the past, it was very expensive. In the past people used petroleum based ink which was harmful for the environment but now it is replaced with vegetable or soy based ink. Some benefits of soy based inks are:
• Soy based ink has more sustainability compared to chemical ones.
• Being eco-friendly, they originate from a renewable reserve.
• Wide range of colors is available in this type of ink.
• Colors are mostly vibrant and bright.
Eco-friendly printing reduces carbon footprints of the organizations and thus saves planet earth. Few tips to go green are:
• Before printing anything, make sure that document is important. This will save trees and also ink.
• Use printer only when required. Keep the printer in off mode. By doing this, your printer will work longer than the manufacturer’s warranty
• Always recycle ink cartridges.
Reasons to shift from traditional to green printing:
• Traditional printing produced more carbon footprint but in case of green printing it is vice versa.
• From recycled paper, ink can be scraped easily. Both ink and paper can be reused. Mostly soya based ink is used.
• Traditional printers initial cost is lower when compared to green printers. But in the long run, green printing saves more money.
By using eco-friendly printer you will not only save money or time but also Mother Nature.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Paul Thomas is an eminent analyst and writer in publishing and printing related topics. He has authored many books on eco-friendly printing guide for green printing and eco-friendly printing. Find more packages at www.greencolorprinting.com