How to Sell More
By understanding a new definition of selling and the seven key components of this definition you will be able to enjoy the process and sell more. This article takes the mystery out of the process.
How To Sell More
By Andre Taylor
Many individuals have difficulty selling because they do not truly understand what selling is all about. They think of pushing products on people rather than helping people. They start the conversation with: “Do you want to buy?” rather than first getting the prospect’s attention and interest. And they don’t know how to build relationships – the key factor that helps top salespeople lead the field.
If you want to sell more, I have a simple definition for selling that will help you keep in mind the most important aspect of the process. When we dissect this definition you’ll also be able to remember the components that you should be focused on daily. Here’s my definition: Selling is taking action to help the right people become aware of the value of a product or service and getting them to exchange the appropriate amount of cash for the benefit of ownership.
This definition for selling doesn’t necessarily sound complicated, but it does involve understanding and mastering several important steps. Let’s take a look at the words in that definition. I call these the seven components of the natural sales process.
1. Taking Action: That means doing, being proactive -- movement.
2. Helping: You must adopt an attitude of serving others. Selling is a process of assisting others and solving problems.
3. The Right people: Getting frustrated because people do not see the merits of your product or service is useless. Usually this means you are dealing with the wrong people. The right people are generally predisposed to your help.
4. Become Aware: Creating awareness is different than screaming a message. When someone becomes aware they are also conscious of the relevance to their situation.
5. The Value of Your Product or Service: What you have to offer is worth something to the right person – What is it? What is the value?
6. Getting Them To Exchange Cash: Reaching a conclusion where the customer provides the equivalent in cash in exchange for what you have to offer.
7. The Benefit of Ownership: The emotions or feelings associated with ownership are key to the seller and the buyer.
To accomplish all seven of these elements you must; (1) Be Aligned. That is, you must understand the “inner game,” of selling and you must be in the right place mentally and focused on the right things; (2) Be Educated. You must have market knowledge, and selling knowledge and this knowledge must translate into skills that you practice daily; (3) Be Motivated. You must have positive feelings about your potential and have the drive to reach high and succeed; (4) Take Action. You must consistently take disciplined action long enough to see the results you desire.
If you remember these things throughout your sales efforts you will without question, sell more.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
André Taylor is an award-winning entrepreneur, author, and advisor to growing companies and one of today’s dynamic voices on business and personal success. He’s the author of many audio and videos, courses, and coaching programs reflecting more than 25 years in enterprise management. He provides an uncommon understanding of the lessons of business and personal resilience, and extraordinary insight and commentary on the subjects of leadership, entrepreneurship, sales, marketing, innovation, and growth.