Importance of customer satisfaction and tips to deliver great customer service
It goes without saying that customer satisfaction plays an important role in the success of your business. The positive influence that customer satisfaction has on brand and product loyalty is often taken for granted and is underrated. Not only is it the leading indicator of measuring customer loyalty, but it also helps to identify unhappy customers. Customer satisfaction is also a key point of differentiation that helps brands attract new customers in today’s competitive business environment.
Here are some tips to ensure best customer satisfaction:
1) Under-promise and over-deliver - An age-old edict says that the worst thing a business can do is over-sell and under-deliver. To ensure that your customer is satisfied, make it a point that expectations of service levels are established, published and met consistently.
2) Check your tone – When dealing with customer complaints or grievances, you need to remember that your customer cannot see you. In such a scenario keeping control of your tone is of utmost importance. Customer service executives must maintain a friendly, approachable and polite tone at all times.
3) Apologize when you’re wrong – It is easier to retain a customer’s business if you apologize for any mistake or error by the organization. While you cannot undo the entire situation, an apology is a great way of ensuring that the customer associates with the brand in a positive way.
4) Monitor Social Media – In today’s rapidly social world, customer feedback is most crucially accessible on social networking channels. While having a dedicated employee to monitor this may not be a feasible option, there are communities of people who professionally undertake freelance client servicing jobs from where you can pick someone to monitor social media for customer complaints, feedback and opinions. Not only do candidates hired for freelance jobs turn out to be more economic, they are also reportedly more productive.
5) Set realistic expectations – While customers are more or less alert before they confirm their business with your brand, make sure that you do not make false or misleading claims. Be precise and clear in your product or service’s Terms & Conditions as well as in any other form of customer communication. This makes sure you’re in control of the expectations you create.
6) Show that you care - Understand your customer’s business and show that you care when a customer is facing an issue. Be sympathetic and come up with quick, understandable solutions. Always make business decisions keeping the customer’s needs and convenience in mind. Always remember that a happy & satisfied customer is the best resource.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am a sales & client servicing executive and have served to digital agencies like Ekta Jain, Digital Tadka, Doers Solutions & J's Business Solutions. I am looking for freelance jobs in Mumbai. I can create digital marketing strategy, pitch it to clients and then even manage the cordination between agency in house team and client.