Nothing Holds A Candle To This Home Based Business
Did you know that about 7 out of 10 households use candles? Did you know that the American retail sales of candles is estimated at $2 billion annually and that this figure excludes sales of candle accessories?
Did you know that about 7 out of 10 households use candles? Did you know that the American retail sales of candles is estimated at $2 billion annually and that this figure excludes sales of candle accessories (Well, the British candle-making consumption is fast picking up, too)? Did you know that statistics show that over 95% of all candles sold are purchased by women so this kind of makes it an exciting business opportunity for men? Did you know that you could also sell candles successfully over the Internet? Well, if you weren't aware of the facts above, it's time to think about them and start setting up a home-based candle making business, which, for all you know, can make lots of spare cash for you to binge out on.
Candle making is easy: all you need is wax, moulds, colourings and perfumes to start your home-based candle making venture. But, you have to be very creative because there are a lot of households out there who are engaged in or are contemplating getting into candle making just like you. Here's a small tips section that will help you get started:
Candle making: Tips and tricks
1. Attend a candle making course in your neighbourhood and pick up additional knowledge from the Internet, at boot sales and at craft fairs.
2. There are 10 types of candles you can make: tapers, votives, pillars, container candles, tealights, outdoor candles, floating candles, novelty candles, utility candles, and birthday candles.
3. A well-made candle is characterized by: heavenly aroma, pleasing colour, creative shape and, of course, the cost. If you balance all these factors and come up with a great candle, consider your job done.
4. Creativity plays a big part in the candle making business. For example, suppose you read an article where a movie star commits social hara-kiri, like Mel Gibson did, then you must make a mould of that movie star (either the face or a famous pose), pump in a good aroma and sell it by telling people to "Burn ________ In Your Home Because He Did That". Another good example would be Paris Hilton now, she would make a good candle.
5. Candles are also used in aromatherapy; so be sure to know the popular aromas going around and don't forget to mention them in your marketing communication.
6. Scented candles are also used in many seduction techniques. Imagine the rest of this story and get it going in your marketing push.
7. Always make candles that are tailored to the target market don't go by your own whims and fancies.
Marketing your candle making business
Marketing is the key to success for any home-based business. First, you have to popularize your business in your neighbourhood by printing flyers and spreading them around. You can also speak to small novelty stores and find out if they are willing to sell your candles on a consignment basis or if they would like to buy them outright at a discount. Second, if you can handle extra demand and logistics then you must open a web store dealing in candles. If there is a genuine demand for your candles from all over the place, then you must tie up with a courier company for dispatching candles to these far away localities. A press release in a local newspaper and on the Internet will help you out too. Look, if you do a good job then ultimately things will fall in place. Just be dedicated to your candle making business and be patient, and in time, you'll surely find yourself waxed with profits.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Find out how you can start earning $1 - $2000 a week...if not more. Get training included from me and two millionaires, that practically forces you to succeed! To find out more visit http://www.InstantWealthSecret.com