Onsite and Offsite Paper Shredding Services
Despite the present technological advancement most business enterprises have not managed to do away with documents that are in hard copy. These documents require safe storage to prevent theft or unaut...
Shredding services Philadelphia, PA firms offer the choice of destroying documents either within the business premises or at their own facility situated elsewhere. The cost of the two types of services depends on the bulk of documents in question and distance from the shredding firm to your company. It is not the responsibility of the service provider to sort the papers that need to be shredded. Before contracting such a provider, you need to have these documents safely stored. Below are some features of shredding services as they would apply to a business set up.
Onsite document destruction:
1. If the paper shredding is going to be carried out within your premises, a day is set aside for the task. The shredding services Philadelphia, PA contractor communicates this in advance. They will come with a mobile shredder. This is a truck upon which a shredder is mounted. The equipment has a capacity to shred about 2 tons of paper per hour.
2. The contractor comes with a team of support staff. Their work is to cart away the documents and feed them into the shredder. Normally they come with a closed circuit TV camera that records all the proceedings. The documents are shredded into small pieces that resemble confetti. Once you confirm that all papers have been destroyed, the shredding services provider will issue a certificate confirming completion of work.
3. The paper shreds are put into garbage bags and taken to a paper recycling plant. This method is convenient, secure and cost effective.
Offsite document destruction:
1. The shredding services Philadelphia, PA firm provides a lockable container. The container is strategically placed within the company’s premises. All documents scheduled for destruction are placed in here.
2. On the agreed date, your hired shredding services provider sends trucks to pick up the containers. They are taken to a facility in readiness for destruction. Just like it happens in onsite shredding, a camera records all that is happening. These cameras are also installed at the shredding premises allowing you to follow the activity remotely.
3. Your documents are fed into shredding machines and a certificate issued once the task is completed satisfactorily. The certificate of destruction indicates the time process was completed and the date. The process is strictly monitored right from collection, destruction and transportation to recycling plants.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Shredding Services Philadelphia PA - Both offsite and onsite shredding services provide for a convenient and less costly way of getting rid of sensitive documents. You can get more information by visiting Jksecureshredding.com.