Superior Selling Provides Entrepreneurial Success Formula
Utilizing the same status-quo thinking and agenda that did not work for you in prior years will not work for you this new year either. You must change your approach and your methodology to discover remarkable sales success. What does sales success demand?
Sales success is a complex topic often viewed through a variety of definitive lenses. After searching the world over, consulting with numerous mathematical geniuses and studying seemingly endless statistical data, I have discovered the true definition of selling success!
Newton, Franklin, Edison and Einstein would be so proud! In simplest terms, expert sales success is scientifically defined as follows:
N(U*R)/T + (O * P) = S
N = leverage of your network
U = your efforts
R = your resources
T = time
O = opportunity
P = preparation
S = sales success
You do not necessarily need to be a math genius to understand the success process, yet a clear understanding of how entrepreneurial success is derived is crucial to its achievement. Please note how the various components interact, especially the leverage factor. Leverage is our key to exponential growth. We each have the same 24 hours/day available to us, yet given similar resources, some entrepreneurs are far more sales productive than others. Let's take a closer look.
The application of leverage amplifies our selling efforts and de-emphasizes the time constraint. Lacking leverage, what remains is simply trading time for dollars. We can only converse with so many customers in the course of a day. What's more, both our tangible resources and time are limited.
Three types of leverage are quite useful in sales:
1. Personalized referrals allow us to reach qualified prospects faster and more easily.
2. Expansion of our contacts network, allowing both the generation of additional referrals and the ability to be selling on a variety of fronts simultaneously, employing the various systems we have established to generate sales in a "multiple streams of income" manner.
3. Develop and market your personal brand. Increase awareness of the many benefits for customers to be working with you.
I challenge each of us to adopt a new sales strategy for the new year; one that is multi-faceted, forcing us to expand the limitations of our comfort zone. Growth is simply not possible if we remain comfortable. Do not allows anything, especially self-imposed fear, to restrain your efforts.
Here then are three strategies to be employed for the attainment of selling and entrepreneurial success:
1. Develop an extensive contacts database and stay in touch with them on a regular basis. Leverage your network of contacts to maximize your efforts and resources.
2. Utilize many systems to brand yourself and be sell your products and services simultaneously. (ie...blog, web site, RSS feeds, email campaign, speaking engagements, article writing, e-books, etc...)
3. Establish multiple streams of income from a variety of sources. (ie.. writing, referrals, electronic ordering, affiliate sales, speaking, publishing, teaching, etc...)
Utilizing the same status-quo thinking and sales agenda that did not work for you in prior years will not work for you this new year either. You must change your approach and your methodology to discover remarkable sales success. Develop your personal brand and market it carefully. Develop your brand's awareness in your market like never before.
Learn new skills and study personal development techniques to maximize your effectiveness. Soon, your preparation will intersect with available opportunity and your resulting success is virtually guaranteed.
Be certain to put yourself in position to win. Get ahead of the wave. Take responsibility for your own destiny. Make no excuses and do not waste any time. Put this sales success formula to work for you beginning now and begin reaping the rewards immediately.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Daniel Sitter, author of both Learning For Profit and Superior Selling Skills Mastery, has garnered extensive experience in sales, training, marketing and personal development spanning a successful 25 year sales career. Experience his blog at http://www.idea-sellers.com