The development trend of Chinese plant extracts industry
Chinese plant medicine enterprise is pure plant extract manufacturer, or proprietary Chinese medicine enterprise go into related fields through the modernization of traditional Chinese medicine.
The same as other pharmaceutical production enterprise, plant extract enterprise also exist the quantity, small scale, low benefit, single product, low risk resistance capacity and other problem. In addition, the product quality is not unified, lack of unified effective control. Invest lo cost in the research and development, plant extracts and preparation technology is backward. In the use of plant extract made from plant medicine, China also in a relatively backward position. China’s traditional Chinese medicine products belong to plant medicine concept of products is not much, such as ginkgo biloba preparation, etc. Chinese plant medicine in the international market share is not high, far less than the United States, Germany, Japan, Korea and other countries. As the tide of plant medicine rise it doesn't mean that the opportunity of Chinese traditional medicine go to the world medicine market comes, on the contrary, China's traditional Chinese medicine industry will face the more violent impact on "the Chinese traditional medicine from foreign country". China plant medicine development need to strengthen in the following aspects:
1. Perfect scale industrial policy. In China, plant extract is pharmaceutical raw materials, compared to chemical apis, the extract medicine is lack of corresponding laws and regulations and policy on market constraint and regulate. Need to regulate product registration system and standard system to improve the extract industry admittance threshold.
2. Prepare a sustainable development strategy. In recent years, the phenomenon of the foreign enterprises in low-cost acquisition of Chinese herbal medicine resources and extract medicine increasingly fierce, the sustainable utilization of Marine resources has become an increasingly important issue, because of predatory development master medicinal materials and extract or crude product, now wild ephedra, licorice has rarely. Therefore, while in the exploitation and utilization of natural medicine resources, pay more attention to the species resources, especially should pay attention to the protection of rare and endangered species, accomplish reasonable recovery, production breeding, the establishment of reserves, and the use of modern technology preservation and development of high quality resources, implementing the development and protection simultaneously.
3. Strengthening basic research and clinical research, especially the clinical research after the products go into the market. At present, compare to international plant medicine, Chinese medicine lack of composition, pharmacology and clinical research material, it influences on the international China plant medicine identification, interfere with the Chinese plant medicine to go into the international.
4. Increase new technologies, including the application of extraction and preparation technology in plant medicine development. At present Chinese extract extraction technology is relatively backward overall, the dosage form is also the traditional dosage form. More research should be focused on the modern preparation and the combination of traditional Chinese medicine, so that it can play a better drug effect and reduce the side effects.
5. Speed up the pace of plant medicine research and development. Strengthen the Promotion and the authentication of GAP, GMP, GCP, GLP and so on, comprehensive upgrade traditional of the medicine industry of plants "hardware" level.
Extract is a new product form in the international natural medicine health care products on the market, is the modern plant medicine carrier of advanced technology, this kind of products are production in accordance with the GAP, GMP requirements, at the same time, advanced the technology and quality detection technology. Promote industry production and management standardization: the industrialization Chinese medicine extract is in accordance with the requirements GAP, GMP, GSP conditions (development links involved in GLP, GCP), in the production and operation process should establish and execute a series of technical standards and specifications in order to ensure and improve the quality of products, standardize trade management order, has an important significance to further expand the export, guarantee the healthy development of the industry.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR